Looking for work

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: Looking for work

Postby Timmsy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:10 pm

Well guys today was a kilker day. Got rung up about 4 jobs. One was offered straight up. Not great cash its mid 20s per hour but the job is 1 suburb away and 12hr shifts with penalty rates. Cheering

thanks for all the positive words guys
Timmsy

equipment: Amateur distiller.
T500 reflux
2" pot still 1500mm high sitting on a 50ltr electric keg boiler
50ltr gatorade mash tun, 25ltr HLT

Postby Urrazeb » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:13 pm

:handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby woodduck » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:14 pm

Great news mate, good to hear :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Good luck with the new job.
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Zak Griffin » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:20 pm

Good stuff mate. The jobs are definitely there for blokes willing to look for them! Good to hear.
Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

equipment: "The Heart of Gold" - 4" Bubbler - finally bubbling!
"Zaphod" - 3" Pot - retired
"Agrajag" - 6" Bubbler - midlife crisis build?

Postby Linny » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:35 pm

I think i might be looking for a new job soon ,,,, starting to seriously take it into consideration
Linny

equipment: 4 Plate 3" Glass Bubbler - 50L Boiler
50L BIAB Temp Controlled Mash Tun

3" Carter Head Soon to Come

Postby RuddyCrazy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:41 pm

Well last week I changed Employment service providers and man what a difference, I mentioned I was after that SA water job so got my resume totally re-written and no need for a cover letter as the rep would do all the talking for me in place. Yesterday got a call from a mob and got an interview next Wednesday and got a text for 3 months work so applied for that too. Now just to confound the job hunting this new ESP has enrolled me in a skid-steer excavator course worth 3K for free. But it is a 7 week course so need to sort a few cabbages to do that one.

Anyway keeping the head above water and enjoying the time off getting stuff done on the farm.
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby woodduck » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:57 pm

Hell linny, that's no good mate. I hope if you dicide to change jobs you find one you enjoy. I've found some jobs do just wear you down to a point where it gets real hard to get out of bed every morning.

Good luck with it mate.

On the other hand, that's great news bryan :handgestures-thumbupleft: , hope it works out well mate. Good things come to those who wait, they say.
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Timmsy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Nuce work Bryan! :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Timmsy

T500 reflux

Postby Timmsy » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:33 pm

Well working at this joint. I nearly got hurt. Walkway full off metal and im help moving 3tonn metal beams on the iver head crane. Well it swung and nearly knocked me over as I was walking over the metal. Ive hurt my once at work years and years ago and I swear that will never happen again. So im not working there no more
Timmsy

T500 reflux

Postby Timmsy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:02 pm

New job Monday arvo. Cheering
Timmsy

T500 reflux

Postby MacStill » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:06 pm

Timmsy wrote:New job Monday arvo. Cheering

for what team ? gizza look at your uniform ?

:happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy: :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy: :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy: :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:20 pm

Well waste of time for jobs in the last 2 weeks as usual so this new ESP has enrolled me in a cert 2 civil enginearing course where I get skid steer and excavator tickets. Also get to see the way paving and concreting is supposed to be done but my way has worked on both for the last few decades. My mate came around yesterday and said he may be able to get me into his mates workshop for short to long term work so hopefully can work a deal with this course mob.

Looking forward to jumping into the skid steer as being a self taught driver they are fun and eh what is a excavator just a mechanical shovel.... :)) :))
Show the guys I can use both as a pro and a 7 week course is much shorter and get a couple of bullshit tickets to boot :D
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby BIG D » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:12 pm

Bryan I wish you well but don't under estimate the seat time and skill required to be an excavator operator. Drivers and operators are 2 very different things seize this opportunity and take it all in mate, I hope these coarses will help you in your future endeavours. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
BIG D

equipment: 50l keg 2400w element , fsd neutralizer 5 plate packed section, Big arse 8"fsd Mc thumper and various other stuff

Postby MacStill » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:38 pm

Bryan1 wrote:
Looking forward to jumping into the skid steer as being a self taught driver they are fun and eh what is a excavator just a mechanical shovel.... :)) :))
Show the guys I can use both as a pro and a 7 week course is much shorter and get a couple of bullshit tickets to boot :D

Those bullshit tickets had me employed as an operator for 20 odd yrs, if you know it all and reckon a digger is just a mechanical shovel pass up the opportunity and let someone who needs the govt. funded education have a go at it...... gawd I wish I was your assessor, you'd fail before you even got in the seat with that attitude ;-)

Try contour mining gold in open pit scenario and see how that shovel goes with BCM's and Terex dumpies pushing your arse all day smart arse.... :laughing-rolling:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby BIG D » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:46 pm

Bcms, Rls,Dtms, dig rate, final trim and keeping a level all pretty basic shit really. :scared-eek: :angry-banghead:
BIG D

equipment: 50l keg 2400w element , fsd neutralizer 5 plate packed section, Big arse 8"fsd Mc thumper and various other stuff

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:57 pm

Mac I had a D4 here for a year, never drove a skid steer before in my life but first time it did fell like I belonged there, with the backhoe I used to own a MF50B frontend loader backhoe. Bought it cheap and sold it to a horse trainer so in time I will get quids in return. With that when I hear a tip I will pass it onto you guys. This young horse won 2 in Adelaide and is now in Melb for the spring carnival so it won't start favorite but if I get a tip eh guys back it. I don't think I got a bad deal as that cash kept us going for 5 months. Yes I won't be a smart ass as living in WA before 2010 I had every ticket but with the change of laws I now have no tickets.

Life sucks with govt changes where one has to pay to keep a job and for me to get fully tickets again kiss 6K away to get all my tickets back.

Eh Mac I'm a mechy fitter not a driver OK
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby MacStill » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:12 pm

BIG D wrote:Bcms, Rls,Dtms, dig rate, final trim and keeping a level all pretty basic shit really. :scared-eek: :angry-banghead:

Until you fuck it up and watch your machine working with a new operator in it, looking out the window on your flight home :laughing-rolling:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby Timmsy » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:51 pm

First week done. Irs only a machine operator labourer but hay it buys me foid and importantly I can start buying ingredients ti start distilling again. Tell u what been unemployed makes u appreciate the simple things when u work
Timmsy

T500 reflux

Postby RuddyCrazy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:55 pm

Anyway Guy's,
Finally found work at the quarry out the back of my farm, went there 2 weeks ago to get some roadbase to use for concreting and asked if he had any work going. The following Tuesday he came around and asked if I wanted a job. ( put paid to SWMBO who kept saying get out and look for work as it won't come to you). Anyway driving a water truck as my main job and helping out everywhere else. I mentioned I had my excavator ticket but only used a 5 ton one in the limited time, the boss said well mate we'll show you the ropes on the PC and you can have a go loading the grizzly oneday for a start. So it will be a big jumpup as these are 35 ton machines.

2 days on the job sofar and gotta say to find a job I'm going to like so close to home was unheard of.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby valkorum » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:51 pm

Great news. Now you wont have to spend any time in traffic to get home and still some tasty beverages.
valkorum

equipment: 5 Star 4" Pot. Still need to find funds to buy bubble plates

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit