Tell us Your Fuckup's

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: Tell us Your Fuckup's

Postby stubbydrainer » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:39 am

5Star wrote:I better get drinking, i have two empty kegs and i need 6 next week. :o

Oooohhhhh, What a fukin problem, there's just no rest for the wicked is there :confusion-shrug:

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
stubbydrainer

equipment: 4" perf. plate bubbler,2 1/2" pot with a triple wall liebig,
Small 8L pot for experiments & Gin, 6Kw 80ltr electric boiler , P.I.D/PWM controller
1/2 share with SBB in a 3" boka,

Postby devotus » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:18 pm

Watered my macerate down to 40% instead of 60-65% so will have a weak crappy first product :angry-banghead: ah well scratch it down to learning and at least I'll still have some good tails to use for the next try.
devotus

equipment: copper alembic pot still
+
1.5 inch VM column

Postby MacStill » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:55 am

I drank 1125ml of rum last night and forgot to eat my dinner, 10am and still pissed :puke-huge:

So much for running my rig today :shifty:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby stubbydrainer » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:41 pm

Sorting out cuts this arvo .....ended up pouring 700ml of pongy tails into 4 ltr of the best hearts i've ever made :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
Now I gotta rerun it :doh: :doh: and not let SBB find out :shhh: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
stubbydrainer

Small 8L pot for experiments & Gin, 6Kw 80ltr electric boiler , P.I.D/PWM controller

Postby Frank » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:14 pm

Ahem.. :oops: I was about twenty tallies into bottling my latest K&K fermented beerbrew (complete with carbon drops, capping done etc) when I realised I was bottling a three week old DWWG from a different fermenter :angry-banghead: :shhh:
Frank

Postby R-sole » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:56 am

Frank wrote:Ahem.. :oops: I was about twenty tallies into bottling my latest K&K fermented beerbrew (complete with carbon drops, capping done etc) when I realised I was bottling a three week old DWWG from a different fermenter :angry-banghead: :shhh:

:lol: :lol: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Postby SBB » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:11 am

stubbydrainer wrote:.ended up pouring 700ml of pongy tails into 4 ltr of the best hearts i've ever made:

Nice one Draino........ :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: ......and after all that work on Saturday :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: ........O well it was a good excuse for a drink or two
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby stubbydrainer » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:40 pm

Well!.......hurry up SBB......are ya thirsty yet ? :-w :!! :whistle:
:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
stubbydrainer

Postby emptyglass » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:39 pm

Good to see some computer fuck ups here,

I got one to add.

I shared a glass with my computer.
As much as I think UJSSM is a very nice drop, my computer keyboard seemed to disagree. Full glass + computer + dickhead elbow.
Not so bad if it was a normal keyboard, but it is apparently not a good thing when its a laptop.

Had my laptop stripped down and sitting in the sun all day today, and all seems good so far.

I got a nice clean keyboard, but it smells like a nightclub now.
emptyglass

Postby maheel » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:52 pm

Frank wrote:Ahem.. :oops: I was about twenty tallies into bottling my latest K&K fermented beerbrew (complete with carbon drops, capping done etc) when I realised I was bottling a three week old DWWG from a different fermenter :angry-banghead: :shhh:

so it should be a little carbed up by now after 10 days

what does it taste like ? :lol:
maheel

Postby Frank » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:25 pm

maheel wrote:

so it should be a little carbed up by now after 10 days

what does it taste like ? :lol:

Hmmmmm sorry I don't know Maheel.
I honestly considered keeping it as a 'wheatbeer' for visitors :shock: :o (afterall how bad could it be :laughing-rolling: and the label could be VwB)
but no..... rule number ?? is all usable f#ckups go into the still so..there sans ' carbon drops' it went. :shhh: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Frank

Postby Sam. » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:38 pm

Another beer related wo, late last year sat down to bottle a nice pale ale that I had ready to go, then after about 12 stubbies in thought...fuck that looks a bit dark? Turns out I was trying to bottle a 1 day old dark ale that my father in law put down in my brew room :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: obviously I tipped it all back in to the top of the fermenter and it turned out "great" :text-lol:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Frank » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:01 pm

Unexpected guests arrive (thirsty of course) so once settled....I ask for orders and all will have whats on offer :handgestures-thumbupleft:
.....so I grab a group of beer glasses and whisky glasses and get everyone a home brew and a barrel-whiskey-on-ice chaser (in good time too).
So, that done, I reload the CD player, grab my drinks and head out to the verandah for :dance: ....when 'the looks' gave it away. :oops:

Yep EVERYONE (including me) had a finely poured homebrew with ice and a straight, naked whisky :angry-banghead: :shhh:
:laughing-rolling:
Frank

Did something fuckin' stupid today!

Postby Apple-O-Me-Eye » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:22 pm

Went looking at rental properties today with the family. One had a prickly pear in the back yard with plenty of ripe fruit. So with daughter in one arm my free hand picked the juicy red fruit of the cactus and had a bite.

Hmmm

My first sensation was of the sweet flavour and juice of the cactus fruit; not at all unpleasant. The second sensation was of the nasty little hairy spines sticking into my hand, lips and tongue. I had to save face though, especially with about 10 other couples looking at the property and with the inability to wipe my mouth with my other hand, (it being occupied by my 16 month old daughter) I left the house quickly and handed the little one to my wife.

Might I say, i'm a fuckin' moron!

How was your day?
Apple-O-Me-Eye

equipment: I run a pot still with liebeg condenser, 90deg line arm on a gas poweredkeg boiler

Re: Did something fuckin' stupid today!

Postby Panda » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:47 pm

Did you put in an application?
Panda

equipment: T500 & CM with pot head.

Re: Did something fuckin' stupid today!

Postby Apple-O-Me-Eye » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:04 pm

Panda wrote:Did you put in an application?

... Yes... I'll be thinking twice before I pick and eat a prickly pear fruit without leather work gloves and scrubbing the bastards first though.
Apple-O-Me-Eye

equipment: I run a pot still with liebeg condenser, 90deg line arm on a gas poweredkeg boiler

Postby MacStill » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:51 pm

Just out in my shed soldering together a shotgun condenser with a smoke in my mouth, stopped work put smoke out & started soldering again.... everything looks shmick! :dance:

Put down the oxy torch, had a big guzzle on my beer and choked on the fucking smoke I just put out :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

mrs mac comes round the corner just as I yell "you fucken idiot" and thought I was talking to her :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby Kimbo » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:55 pm

Baaa Haaa Haaaaaa...! :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby Cane Toad » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:01 pm

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: Yeah,done that on numerous occasions :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby SBB » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:42 am

Mac from experience i can tell ya that they taste better if ya soak em in rum n coke first rather than beer :teasing-tease:
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit