Tell us Your Fuckup's

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: Tell us Your Fuckup's

Postby grumpthehermit » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:24 am

This was a month or so ago ...

Doing TPW runs through my HSB Pure Distilling rig, I start early to get the run done by lunchtime-ish.

I get up with an alarm most times, hook everything up get ready and turn on the pool pump as the temp reaches 40C in the column ...

My pool pump runs on a timer, I just twist the small dial on the timer to on and the pump starts and away we go.

WELL, on this occasion I got up without my alarm and started late, all was good until my temp suddenly shot up to 85C I sh1t myself and shut it down quick. :o

It was only when I turned off the music I realised my pool pump had stopped running ,,,,,,,,,, because the timer had got to the position where the pump is supposed to be turned off ... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's right I got up late, therefore I had not finished as early as usual .... :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Pretty simple mistake ... But not very clever of me ... The timer is no longer in-line when I am running the pool for cooling ...

Cheers
GTH
grumpthehermit

Postby Cane Toad » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:01 am

Took the missus and boy to the local show last nite,trying to get back in the good books,even managed to stay away from the bar for a whole 2 hours :teasing-neener: ,bought the cheap shit show bags,forked out coin for the rip off games in sideshow alley,being the good dad really.At about 9.30ish the young fella says he's had enough and wants to go home :dance: The missus turns around and says,that it's ok if I want to go and have a few drinks,been tongueing for a drink,as long as I don't over do it :naughty:
Well,I gets home at I don't know what time,fuckin smashed :laughing-rolling: :D Fell asleep on the lounge out back,with the mutts,pissed on the dog bed,needless to say,not in the good books this morning :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
And got a hangover that would kill 3 small kids too boot :doh: :doh: :doh:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby MacStill » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:13 am

Oh so you dont remember ringing me at 1.30am for nearly an hour before your mrs came out and abused you for swearing and waking up the neighbourhood ?

Do you remember when your mrs came out how you went all quiet and hung up the phone??

Why did you piss on the dogs bed?

I'm going to get some mileage out of this one :D
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby Cane Toad » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:15 am

Oh,I remember ringing :teasing-tease: and I remember getting a serve from the missus,it's still happening :angry-banghead: and yes,I did piss on the dogs bed,at least it was outside :handgestures-thumbupleft:
And I know you'll get some mileage out of it :laughing-rolling: But you know what? I don't give a flying :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Cane Toad

Postby Cane Toad » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:16 am

Just got to work out how to get back in the good books :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
Cane Toad

Postby Kimbo » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:21 am

Cupcake wrote:Just got to work out how to get back in the good books :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Move out :teasing-tease:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby Cane Toad » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:25 am

Something along those lines has been mentioned,but I know she was only joking,she loves me along with my charming little habits :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Cane Toad

Postby MacStill » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:26 am

Cupcake wrote:Just got to work out how to get back in the good books :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

You could probably start by explaining to your mrs what you meant when you were yelling out to the world about the young chick you were trying to pork, you know when she came out and you went all quiet because she heard everything :laughing-rolling:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby Cane Toad » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:29 am

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :angry-banghead:
Cane Toad

Postby Frank » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:32 pm

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: 8-}
Mate, sh it happens!!!
I have never met your wife but, given my personal experience with 'similar' events in the past :hand:, may I suggest that you try to pull the Earth off its Axis using only a rubber band and your little finger......
Then, when you have succeeded at that,, you might be able to find a way to get back on the sunny side of the relationship, as its gonna take longer and be much harder IMHO. ;-)

Alternately, just say sorry, remember to look contrite etc ;-) and have another drink or two.
Frank

Postby crow » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:28 pm

ok i can work out the little finger bit but its got me intrigued as to your intentions with the rubber band :? :icon-lol:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Re: The Banter Box

Postby Kimbo » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:57 pm

Thupa Downy with his thupa thonic hearing hear some pissed bloke piss-dialling his mates on friday night ( then went suddenly quiet :think: )
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby MR-E » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:05 pm

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: , those go large nights always seem like fun, then you wake up & :angry-banghead:
& then promise not to do it again :pray:
MR-E

equipment: Cooking on gas,50ltr keg, 3"Bok &
4" column with 6 perf plates

Postby MacStill » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:07 pm

MR-E wrote::laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: , those go large nights always seem like fun, then you wake up & :angry-banghead:
& then promise not to do it again :pray:

Yes we had a good night all right, but some idiot sat my computer under a leak in the roof :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: turned it on and a little bzzzt then nothing.... it's fucked :handgestures-thumbdown:

So I've been out hobbling around the good guys with my broken knee buying a new computer with a hangover, the sales rep had death breath and I nearly threw up.

Now I gotta go find all my fav sites, configure all my settings again & download all my old software... then the updates... reboot.... reboot :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: fuck this I need a drink :))
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Tell us Your Fuckup's

Postby Stephen » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:19 pm

Buy her something nice and feminine. Like a vacuum or a new mop. Then post your success on this thread!
Stephen

equipment: Homemade pot still

Tell us Your Fuckup's

Postby Stephen » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:27 pm

Was about to walk out the door of my office when I heard a gentle 'knock,knock' on the door. Thinking it was one of the blokes who keeps knocking on the door unlike everyone else who blow the door open when they come in, decided to jump toward the door to give him a bit of a start as it was opening and went RAAAGH! to find one of the mine superintendents coming through to ask me something.... Shit! Felt like a dick.
Stephen

Postby Cane Toad » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:34 pm

A new fucking vaccume be fucked! She only just went out and bought a new Dyson,after I used the other one to suck the mango cap off the rum ferment I did a couple of months back :D :D :D
And she wouldn't know how to use a fucking mop,if you can't plug it into the wall,she won't use it :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
Cane Toad

Tell us Your Fuckup's

Postby Stephen » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:39 pm

Haha. If all else fails theirs always the old 'if I don't remember it. It never happened' routine. Or 'it wasn't me?'
Stephen

Postby law-of-ohms » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:12 pm

Two night ago...

Made up a brew of wiskey in a 20L demi

Placed Demi next to 50L demi (full of TPW), knocked 50L demi with 20L demi and CRACK! woosh, etc yell, !!!

50L of TPW all over the second bedroom floor, had to go out at 10:30pm and a fing rug doctor from woolies to clean the carpet.

I had added about 5kg of wheat to add some extra flavour / experiment, those little fuckers are all thru the house now

Wife said "it's ok, shit happens..."

What a good wife....
law-of-ohms

equipment: 50L Keg boiler, 3600W element. - Low wines to nice wines :)
90L (Big Bertha) 1.2M 3" Copper - too small... lol

Postby stilly_bugger » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:41 pm

Had a similar stuff up.

Filled a 50L keg 2/3 full of low wines for a reflux run. Started heating it up. Noticed a slight leak coming from one electric element seal. Stopped warm up and thought I'd fix the leak. Leant the keg on about a 30° angle, unscrewed the element. Realise I have nothing close by to pull the element out of the keg with so that I can replace the seal. Propped the keg up with a milk crate while I dash off to another room to grab a coathanger.

Sure enough, while I was in the other room (maybe 2 seconds) I hear "Crash! Glug, glug, glug..." Run back into the room to find 1/3keg of low wines on the carpet. :angry-banghead:

Lesson: have your tools nearby, and whatever can go wrong will go wrong when you're in a rush.
stilly_bugger

equipment: simple pot with worm on an electric boiler.

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit