Tell us Your Fuckup's

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Tell us Your Fuckup's

Postby Stephen » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:21 pm

Ha. The last time I made beer. Wasn't thinking to straight at the time and instead of checking sg before bottling just took at stab at it and thought 'she'll be right' after all what's the worst that could happen. Bottled it up into 750ml plastic beer bottles and left it at that. Couple days later the missus rings up while at work, saying their was a bang from the spare room and thinks it was a beer. Thought shit and told her to take the box of them out side. No worries....... Get an abusive phone call minutes later! As she picked the box up KABOOM! Her picking them up set off a chain reaction as each one reached critical mass and several went off. House smelt like beer for a while. Missus was upset. Glad I was at work!
Stephen

equipment: Homemade pot still

Re: Tell us Your Fuckup's

Postby Goldie » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:20 pm

McStill wrote:
MR-E wrote::laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: , those go large nights always seem like fun, then you wake up & :angry-banghead:
& then promise not to do it again :pray:

Yes we had a good night all right, but some idiot sat my computer under a leak in the roof :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: turned it on and a little bzzzt then nothing.... it's fucked :handgestures-thumbdown:

So I've been out hobbling around the good guys with my broken knee buying a new computer with a hangover, the sales rep had death breath and I nearly threw up.

Now I gotta go find all my fav sites, configure all my settings again & download all my old software... then the updates... reboot.... reboot :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: fuck this I need a drink :))

This might be too late but I use this site http://ninite.com/ when doing a new PC setup. You just go through the list of available programs and select what you want and then it packages them into one single download :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Goldie

equipment: 4" four perf plate column on a 100lt SS boiler, 2" Pot Still on 50lt keg boiler

Postby MR-E » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:11 am

Well, I've made a few Fuckup's, but this one was my best effort.
The missus was away for two weeks & the kids where at Grans, So I had the place to myself (apparently I can't watch the kids without supervision)
I decided to try my first rum wash & two washes would be better than one.
I also decided I was going to set the fermenters up in the bedroom :D
So I mix up two 25ltr washes in 30ltr fermenters, carefully carry them to the bedroom.
I thought if I set them on the dresser, I wont have to move them again, just drain them into the boiler when their done :handgestures-thumbupleft:
after that I pissed off to work for a 10hr shift.
When I got home I walked into the lovely smell of fermenting rum. :D
It's at this stage things went a bit pear shaped, when I walked in the bedroom, there was sticky brown froth everwhere, even the ceiling :o
I spent the next 4hrs with the vax & buckets of soapy water cleaning up :chores-vacuum: :chores-mop:
I learnt its best to use larger fermenters for your rum washes & no amount of cleaning will hide the wrong you've done.

Cheers :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MR-E

equipment: Cooking on gas,50ltr keg, 3"Bok &
4" column with 6 perf plates

Postby Citris » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:03 pm

hehe I must say I enjoyed reading this thread.

I have only done a total of 4 washes so far, so nothing special. However I did put down 3 TPW last night and while at work this morning realized I totally forgot to add the Yeast *Shakes head* dammit. :angry-banghead:
Citris

equipment: Local HBS Kit - Not sure yet...

Postby caveman » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:39 pm

well today i finished welding up my boiler tig welding feruels in for heating elements all went good filled boiler with water for a leak test and all good
then cleaned up had a cuppla beers . :handgestures-thumbupleft: The fuck up was tig welding in shorts and thongs now i have ray burns all up me legs and feet
thats not fun :angry-banghead: its like a bad sunburn :oops:
caveman

equipment: 3" macStill boka
2" pot still with shotgun condencer (the swan with hotdog ) custom by mcstill
105L custom built s/s boiler with sight glass/fillport ,thermoport
Aces high thumper plate bubbler ( long term project)
building custom mobile boiler bench

Postby MacStill » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:42 pm

I hope you were wearing undies :laughing-rolling:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby caveman » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:49 pm

yep for sure :handgestures-thumbupleft: not goin to be like the bloke i worked with that didnt and got fried cods :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
caveman

equipment: 3" macStill boka
2" pot still with shotgun condencer (the swan with hotdog ) custom by mcstill
105L custom built s/s boiler with sight glass/fillport ,thermoport
Aces high thumper plate bubbler ( long term project)
building custom mobile boiler bench

Postby R-sole » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:27 am

I got one fried egg once squatting down on the concrete wearing shorts and welding. Just goes to make you think how exposed you are when you're not concentrating.
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Postby zwagerman9 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:50 pm

Days off were coming up, on my last night duty before work made up two bottles of triple distilled TPW using SS Whiskey profile kit, Made a bottle of jameson, and Laphroaig curious to taste as I normally just use the jameson recipe.
Anyway, last night, go to the fridge, glass of pepsi max, close the fridge door a bit to hard.
And a 750ml bottle of the faux laphroaig falls to the ground KASSSPPLLASSSSHHH.
Last thing you want to do is clean up that after 30 hours with no sleep.
A Bit more cautious with whats on top now.
As there is about $500 worth of gooooooddd whiskey ontop.

Haha
zwagerman9

equipment: Airstill....
2" POT STILL!
2" Dual Slant Plate Bok

Postby crow » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:11 pm

Not really a fuck as much as really disappointing . Rang up the scrappy just before and found out I had missed out on 10 18 gal kegs for $1.50 a kg by about an hr (just got sent off for recycling this afternoon)
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby JayD » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:32 pm

croweater wrote:Not really a fuck as much as really disappointing . Rang up the scrappy just before and found out I had missed out on 10 18 gal kegs for $1.50 a kg by about an hr (just got sent off for recycling this afternoon)

oh it's a fark up...only in a different way... :teasing-tease:
JayD

equipment: JayD's Copper Worx

Tell us Your Fuckup's

Postby Urrazeb » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:58 pm

A few years ago now me n the mrs were living at a caravan pk in Broome, while traveling around, spent our last 20 bucks on a bottle of cheap gin and watched the tennis one night, well she needed to go to the loo so off she went in the pissing rain to the abolition block.

I had a great thought, I'll sneak out after her, hide behind a palm tree in the rain and scare the living shit outta her... Well she came walking along I busted out to get her, tripped on the path my thongs slipped and i fucked my self up pretty badly on the pavement, needless to say she got much enjoyment out of it and the joke was on me :)
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby Camikaze » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:25 pm

Telling my wife to calm down after I set fire to the outdoor setting with the stick welder....

Big fucking mistake that was... :violence-stickwhack:
Camikaze

equipment: The 'Lamb-cannon' 4" stainless modular hybrid on a keg, shottie-cooled with 185,000 btu up its arse

Postby googe » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:27 pm

building my 3 way condensor i had 2 plugs welded into old holes on the inside the middles tube, low and behold when i was soldering the end joins i managed to melt the plugs and they leeked like a sive, only remedy was pulling the thing complettely apart and starting again but with new pipe instead of pluged up shit, teach me for being tight!!.
googe

Postby Popcorn Jack » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Camikaze wrote:Telling my wife to calm down after I set fire to the outdoor setting with the stick welder....

Big fucking mistake that was... :violence-stickwhack:

That's fuckin funny..
Popcorn Jack

equipment: Turbo 500
A boka still in bits...

Postby Twat » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:28 pm

Telling my wife anything!!!! :mrgreen:
Twat

equipment: Under construction
50 lt pot still keg on gas
3 inch dedicated vodka VM keg on power

Postby Kimbo » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:41 pm

What wrote:Telling my wife anything!!!! :mrgreen:

I'm hearing ya :roll:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby crow » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:23 pm

Just hooked a doona on my airlock and snapped it :evil:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby googe » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:54 pm

croweater wrote:Just hooked a doona on my airlock and snapped it :evil:

That'll teach ya for sleepin with ya wash :laughing-rolling:
googe

Postby MacStill » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:05 pm

So today I put a few finishing touches on a boka build I'm doing, all good with no drama's just gotta wind the coil :dance:

Get out my ol' faithful winding jig and start on the coil with all going as it usually does unti the phone rings, I answer phone as the dogs come bolting into the shed chasing each other, the jig gets knocked over and the coil and jig lies fucked on the ground :angry-banghead: oh well fuck it must be time for a beer :))

Gotta go get more 1/4" and rebuild my jig and get another keg of beer cooled down and gassed fer fuck sake :violin:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit