Tell us Your Fuckup's

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: Tell us Your Fuckup's

Postby Plumby » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:19 pm

Flowerpot wrote:Found a great way to clean my shed floor tonight. It has come up sparkly clean!!!

Simply pour 25l of low wines into your boiler with the drain valve open. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

:laughing-rolling: l do feel your pain though, I though I was the only one who does that sort of thing.
Plumby

equipment: 50 litre keg boiler with a 2200watt element and a 2 inch pot still called Shaniqua with a 32mm over 19mm 800mm long liebig condenser attached.

Postby Sam. » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:04 pm

Yep, everybody has done it mate, but most won't admit it :))
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Flowerpot » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:03 am

on the bright side, i had 55l of low wines and was wondering the best way to do two runs..... now I only have to do one :D
Flowerpot

equipment: bokakob, Krystal the ruff"n"ready pot still/stripper

Postby Yurugaboy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:11 pm

Ran my FSD 4 inch reflux using soaker hose for condenser run off. Wondered why I was chasing temps and water flows all over for next 3 hours. Next strip run noticed high pressure but low flow into soaker hose. Moved to sprinkler no issue .stable and high abv% .

Usually just let hose run and monitor water flow. Grrrrr

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :-D
Yurugaboy
Site Donor

equipment: FSD 4" 4 plate Blockhead Bubbler on a 50 l FSD milk can powered by 2x 2400w elements

Postby Aussiedownunder01 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:17 am

Yurugaboy wrote:Ran my FSD 4 inch reflux using soaker hose for condenser run off. Wondered why I was chasing temps and water flows all over for next 3 hours. Next strip run noticed high pressure but low flow into soaker hose. Moved to sprinkler no issue .stable and high abv% .

Usually just let hose run and monitor water flow. Grrrrr

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :-D

I always use a sprinkler either on the fruit trees or veg garden kill 2 birds with the 1 stone
Aussiedownunder01

Location: So close to melbourne airport you can hear the plains
equipment: 100 litre boiler with a 4 in 5 plate bubbler on top with a 500 packed section standing by if needed

Postby Doubleuj » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:36 pm

My wife got me a little 5L varnished barrel of eBay a while back. Use it twice with pretty good results. This last time however it started leaking out of one of the ends... so I stood it up to stop the leaking. This didn’t work, I didn’t check on it for a month or so when I realised the whiskey had still leaked through the top and pooled there probably for the hole time.. I decanted it off, made a bottle up.. tastes like shit. The top end of the barrel is completely stripped of varnish.. :puke-huge: don’t think I’ll even run this back through as a neutral.
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Postby Professor Green » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:26 pm

That's a real shame. I wouldn't re-run it either - not if there's a chance it's got dissolved varnish in it.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby A&O » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:44 pm

Home from being in Sydney and thought I’d clean up the RC. Big mistake. Thought it would look mighty nice everything flat & flush. So once cleaned with the file, wet & dry, flappy disc & steel wool, it looked like a bought one. So final pressure test for leaks, wow what a sprinkler.

Thought to myself, your a dumb fuck, you’ve cleaned away all the solder that was sealing it together. Ok, flux & solder. Nip. Nothing to hold to then all of a sudden a tube fell straight through onto the floor. Fuckit. Heated the lot and took apart, time to clean up, cut some new tubes & will solder together again.

Good practice. Mark2 will be stunning.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A&O

equipment: 4" 7 foot Blockhead Column - 5 Plate + 500mm Packed section
50L Converted upside down keg

Postby woodduck » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:49 pm

Oh mate, I feel for ya :crying-blue: What a pain in the arse! On the bright side you'll be a pro rc builder by the end of it.
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby The Stig » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:22 pm

My latest fuckup.
Went to sillies today to get sugar and yeast, mrs came with me and bought the usual crap.
We get home fuck me I forgot the yeast, last time I go shopping for supplies and let her tag along
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby EziTasting » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:03 pm

:laughing-rolling:
EziTasting

equipment: Newbie - Keg Boiler & 4" 4 plate glasser

Postby shortcut » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:36 am

Last night while running the still, I was busting for a shit.
Instead of turning her off and going up to the house I decided to snap one off into an empty beer carton.
I dumped about 300mm of fore’s on it and set it alight to get rid of the evidence.
The smell of the smoke was atrocious it filled up the whole carpark area,the shed and apparently it could be smelled up at the house. The missus had to shut all the windows.
All the ash has blown away, now I have a burnt patch of grass with a fossilised nard.
shortcut

equipment: Keggomax-CM
unfinished copper pot still

Postby bluc » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:40 am

wtf :wtf:
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby woodduck » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:46 am

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
That's the funniest thing I've read in ages. That's dedication mate
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby EziTasting » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:13 am

shortcut wrote:Last night while running the still, I was busting for a shit.
Instead of turning her off and going up to the house I decided to snap one off into an empty beer carton.
I dumped about 300mm of fore’s on it and set it alight to get rid of the evidence.
The smell of the smoke was atrocious it filled up the whole carpark area,the shed and apparently it could be smelled up at the house. The missus had to shut all the windows.
All the ash has blown away, now I have a burnt patch of grass with a fossilised nard.

woodduck wrote::laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
That's the funniest thing I've read in ages. That's dedication mate

:text-+1: :text-lol:
Thank you
EziTasting

equipment: Newbie - Keg Boiler & 4" 4 plate glasser

Postby Plumby » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:49 am

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: .
Plumby

equipment: 50 litre keg boiler with a 2200watt element and a 2 inch pot still called Shaniqua with a 32mm over 19mm 800mm long liebig condenser attached.

Postby db1979 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:03 pm

:laughing-rolling: that's a creative use of fores :laughing-rolling:
Install a toilet in your shed or get a composting camp toilet if you're that committed :obscene-tolietcrapper: :obscene-tolietpush:

Or just turn your still off :text-lol:
db1979

equipment: Eve - 4" x 4 plate solid state bubbler (sieve plates), 330 mm packed section on a keg boiler with 2 x 2000 W elements.
Currently having a makeover: 2" x 4 plate solid state bubbler (1" bubble caps, no sight glasses...maybe not for much longer!) on a bain-marie boiler.

Postby Professor Green » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:20 pm

shortcut wrote:Last night while running the still, I was busting for a shit.

I read to "I dumped about 300mm..." and wondered where, exactly, that post was going!

We need a turd smiley...

Cheers,
Prof, Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby A&O » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:20 pm

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :angry-extinguishflame:
A&O

equipment: 4" 7 foot Blockhead Column - 5 Plate + 500mm Packed section
50L Converted upside down keg

Postby Plumby » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:24 pm

What did you use for paper? Not bits of the box I hope. :wtf:
Plumby

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit