Tell us Your Fuckup's

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: Tell us Your Fuckup's

Postby dans.brew » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:48 pm

I reckon i would at least try and bribe them with some of it before i watched it run down the drain :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
dans.brew

equipment: Pure Distilling Reflux Still
2" Pot Still with lieberg
4" x 4 plates Bubbler with 2"bubble caps on 50ltr keg boiler

Postby bluc » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:49 pm

:laughing-rolling:
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby P3T3rPan » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:28 pm

fizzix wrote:NEAR f^ck up:
Stilling done, I started pouring the hot backset into the cold toilet --and I suddenly realized what I was doing and quit.
For a minute I was waiting for a thermal C R A C K ! but it never came. Whew!

Don't do that.

This piumber does that often. Just make sure it hits the water seal first.
P3T3rPan

equipment: Self made 100mm copper,6 perforated plates plus packed section on 50L ss keg
60L fermenters. Offset Carter Head
3v beer rig

Postby Professor Green » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:28 am

I’m currently on holiday in NZ and as a keen photographer have been taking hundreds of photos. When backing up my photos of our visit to Waitomo caves, I somehow managed to format the memory card before it was actually backed up thus obliterating all the shots I took that day. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby EziTasting » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:09 am

Professor Green wrote:I’m currently on holiday in NZ and as a keen photographer have been taking hundreds of photos. When backing up my photos of our visit to Waitomo caves, I somehow managed to format the memory card before it was actually backed up thus obliterating all the shots I took that day. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Wow, that would seriously bite! They may sell some at one of their shops ... might salvage some of your memories... ? OR, repeat the tour...

But I am with you, Hate loosing holiday snaps!

RC Al wrote:...Only critters I get in my washes currently are the odd silverfish ...

Hah! I get 'Turd-Budgies' kamikaze into all stages of the process! They hit the wash, they hit the strip and they hit the cut jars! :violence-stickwhack: I have to have everything covered at all times with fly-strainers! freekin annoying!
EziTasting

equipment: Newbie - Keg Boiler & 4" 4 plate glasser

Postby The Stig » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:49 am

Professor Green wrote:I’m currently on holiday in NZ and as a keen photographer have been taking hundreds of photos. When backing up my photos of our visit to Waitomo caves, I somehow managed to format the memory card before it was actually backed up thus obliterating all the shots I took that day. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

If you dont use the card again, there is software available that will recover all the lost images.
If you do use the card again all the old data will be overwritten and lost forever.
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Professor Green » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:31 pm

I do have some file recovery software but I’m not sure how the camera format functions, whether it just blitzes the FAT or goes that step further. I’ll have to wait until I’m home again to find out. Doesn’t make me any less pissed off about it though!
Professor Green

FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head

Postby dans.brew » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:53 pm

Professor Green wrote: Doesn’t make me any less pissed off about it though!

Don't let it wreck a great holiday Professor! Ive nearly did that myself when i lost my wedding ring on the honeymoon... talk about a f#!k up!! :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
Turned 2 days into not very happy ones until i found it.
dans.brew

Postby Professor Green » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:15 am

Ouch! I bet Mrs dans.brew was somewhat miffed too!
Professor Green

FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head

Postby dans.brew » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:19 am

Professor Green wrote:Ouch! I bet Mrs dans.brew was somewhat miffed too!

Apart from both of us being miffed, we drove at least 400-500 kms back tracking to find it at no avail. :angry-banghead:
Turns out it was on the ground right next to where we were staying when it was noticed missing.
dans.brew

Postby Professor Green » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:34 am

D’oh! At least you found it though.
Professor Green

FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head

Postby dans.brew » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:23 am

Professor Green wrote:D’oh! At least you found it though.

Boy was i glad to see it sparkle in the grass! :))
dans.brew

Postby wynnum1 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:09 pm

Professor Green wrote:I do have some file recovery software but I’m not sure how the camera format functions, whether it just blitzes the FAT or goes that step further. I’ll have to wait until I’m home again to find out. Doesn’t make me any less pissed off about it though!

If you did by accident i think it will be recoverable as it does take some time to erase.
wynnum1

Postby Andrew » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:55 pm

Just fucked up. Tried to get 400mm and 500mm into what I thought was a 1L bottle , turns out it's a 750 x :angry-banghead:
Andrew

equipment: Anything I choose From The 5 Star Range

Postby bluc » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:17 pm

Oops :laughing-rolling:
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby Rock » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:36 pm

I have just returned after a week away, had 10 lt rum wash left over from last wash ( thats another tale) stored in 2lt milk bottle full. Was cool when we left and stored in a old fridge in shed , well it still had a little go left in it and pressurised the milk containers, and they looked like a couple of footballs lol . One bloody leaked shit , but lesson leant , use a carboy or fermenter to store wash.
Rock

equipment: Turbo 500
FSD 4" x 5 plate bubble neutrilizer 600mm
Packed section.
50lt keg 2 x 2400 elements

Postby Wraith71 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:26 pm

I bought a new laptop awhile ago when my old one started to show signs its on the way out. Had a red line thru the screen , battery wouldn't hold a charge ect.. But me being a stubborn tight arse put the new one aside and kept flogging the old one.. till the end finally came .. ahh well it had a good run..So I whip out the new one plug it in and fire it up.. but after a week the battery wouldn't charge properly !!! Stuffing thing ! BUGGER ! .. ok onto flea-bay and buy a new battery for the new laptop .. since the warranty ran out! while i was flogging the old one.. the new battery arrives .. put it in .. and still NOT charging ..!! WTF !! seriously is the charger stuffed ??? Mrs Wraith walks in with a nice shinny new charger in hand says this was in the box..! aaaarrr ffarrrkkkk I had plugged the New laptop into the OLD charger .. so I bought a $80 battery for nothing,!! .. think I need a drink.! :techie-typing: :obscene-drinkingdrunk:
Wraith71

Location: West of Sydney , East of Katoomba .. Hopin a big friggin dam dont break.
equipment: Boka reflux tall tower , home made full copper pot still (gas powered).. FINALLY 80ltr boiler 6000w with 6 plate 4in bubbler :)

Postby dans.brew » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:06 pm

Harvest came to a grinding halt a couple nights back with the onset of a splash of rain, so i thought it would be the perfect chance to fire up the bubbler and run my AG whiskey.
So i loaded up the keg with 37 ltrs of wash and fired her up. Once it got close to temp it puked like you wouldn't belive, so i switched it off for 15 which usually works. Not this time however, so in with some anti foam and let it reflux for a while to settle down. Once that was sorted on i went... for some reason i turned my pc tap on and off a couple times and all of a sudden i had a few drips coming out the bottom of my parrot :scared-eek: That souldnt be happening yet... did a sniff test and it def wasnt fores coming through.
Pulled my pc off and sure enough a water leak at the top around one of the inner tubes :angry-banghead: Spent the next 2 hrs at least trying to get the thing sealed back up to no avail. This particular spot had give me trouble once before, so in the end i cracked the shits with it and cut the end off and re did it all the next night.
In order to run what was in the boiler i ended up borrowing a 2" five star pc from a mate and just stripped my wash because by this time it was getting fairly late and freezing cold outside and i was about over it! ~x(
Wasn't quite the cruisy run i had planned.
dans.brew

Postby RuddyCrazy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:32 pm

Did a run on Saturday and got 1.5 litres of 92% off 30 litres which I thought was quite good :happy-partydance: Then on Sunday when draining the last out of the boiler where I tilt the still over bent over for a look to see how much was left then CRASH :angry-banghead: BANG :angry-banghead: OUCH :scared-eek: the still parted at the base easy flange on the 4th plate and it all came crashing down hitting my shoulder. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

The 3" blockhead is a twisted mess with the 45 degree joint broken, the top where i made the new endcap was sitting at 45 degrees and the 4-3" reducer lost an easy flange. The 1/2" line under the PC was snapped off and water went everywhere as a 20 litre plastic bucket took the main brunt of the fall.

The RC and PC came out with no damage and I still have the 4" blockhead so I'll do a quick fix on the 4th plate and bugger it is time to make a glasser. :ugeek:

This still has done me well as my first build can it can struggle on while a new one is made.
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby db1979 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:28 pm

What about installing a drain on the lowest part of the boiler? I reckon you're pretty game wanting a glasser after that incident :think:
db1979

equipment: Eve - 4" x 4 plate solid state bubbler (sieve plates), 330 mm packed section on a keg boiler with 2 x 2000 W elements.
Currently having a makeover: 2" x 4 plate solid state bubbler (1" bubble caps, no sight glasses...maybe not for much longer!) on a bain-marie boiler.

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit