FSD open to public "NOW"

High performance modular SS304 plated columns and accessories.

FSD open to public "NOW"

Postby MacStill » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:52 am

We are now opening our doors to the public via walk in sales by appointment, we can accept all major credit/debit cards and are set up for it "almost"

Walk in sales will be between 12 midday & 6pm daily with the only exclusions being Sundays and Wednesdays.

Same rules apply for contact & appointments as per this thread here Contact guidelines or by hitting the 5 star link in my signature.

We're looking at renting premises to have a full on retail outlet & are in discussions about signing leases for premises in the maddington to canning vale areas, but this option wont be available until around november.

So for now it'll be at our home in our shed, but we will also be able to do paypal transactions from our premises.

Please remember as we have a large aggressive dog on the premises that means it needs to be "by appointment only" for now

Cheers, Mac.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Re: FSD open to public "NOW"

Postby res » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:25 pm

Good stuff mate, how long until the melbourne branch? :romance-kisscheek:
res

equipment: Custom 4", 5 plate FSD bubbler, 600mm packed section.
50lt keg boiler with 2x 2400w elements
5lt copper pot still

Postby tipsy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:26 pm

res wrote:Good stuff mate, how long until the melbourne branch? :romance-kisscheek:

:text-imwithstupid: :))
tipsy

equipment: 4" Mac 4 with packed section and gin basket on a 50lt boiler with 2 2400w FSD elements.

Postby Whiskyaugogo » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:35 pm

Could we see your store Mac? Pics? :text-thankyoublue:
Whiskyaugogo
Site Donor

equipment: To be updated

Postby Geeps » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:00 pm

res wrote:Good stuff mate, how long until the melbourne branch? :romance-kisscheek:

Think I know someone to do the south east QLD Store :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Geeps

equipment: Rose oil extractor

Postby thegoose » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:08 pm

Well done Mac great move mate.....I'm with Geeps :handgestures-thumbupleft:
thegoose

equipment: Retired 2" boka
3" modular bubbler

Postby MacStill » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:31 pm

Thanks for the interest guys, however we're just trialling this from our home here at first.

Franchising and other more serious avenues are being explored right now, we're just not sure what way to go yet... one thing for certain is I need to be away from the front line so I can spend more time on ordering, product developement and desigs.

I've been in client meetings for the last few days seeing what our options are, and we may have some very exciting news in the very near future :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby Danish » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:26 pm

sounds very good, still a bit far to drive for me ;) hoping for a qld store/franchise one day
Danish

equipment: 2" pot and vm reflux still, build by 7Evan

Postby MacStill » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:41 pm

I actually spoke to a guy just south of brissy last week, he hasnt returned emails or calls though so I think he's just a sleaze fishing for info ;-)
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby sp0rk » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:13 am

My wife has a Special Education scholarship and we'll be getting sent somewhere in NSW next year when she finishes, I was thinking if it's not around here and I can't transfer with my current job, I'd probably set up a HBS if there are no decent ones where we're getting sent
Having FSD as a franchise/supplier for a shop would be brilliant!
sp0rk

equipment: 2.5" pot still
2.5" shotty PC
50L boiler
2.5" Tee Plate Boka
4" 4 plate glass bubbler in the build stage

Postby MacStill » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:15 am

If we do look down the franchising path I would want the following.

Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney & Brisbane as bases.... country areas just blow postage costs out too much.

If you think you have the knowledge and capital to get started please email me why you think you could make it work, and we could at least start some discussion, it may amount to nothing but who knows.... it's going viral and is way too big for mrs Mac and I to cope with for much longer.

We have a brew shop here in WA that we supply to, but there is not going to be any exclusiveness to our products should we head down this track for the rest of the country.

Cheers.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby CaptainRedBeard » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:57 am

This is pretty cool Mac, to see a hobby turn into a business venture, and to see it grow to a size that franchising is a thought in the near future, it's incredible. Well done Mr and Mrs Mac, hard work pays off by the sounds of it :handgestures-thumbupleft:
CaptainRedBeard

equipment: 2" SS Column Reflux Keg Still
2" Copper Pot Still w shotgun condenser
Kelvinator Fridge Fermenter

Postby Brendan » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:01 am

Will you start holding in-store still signings Mac? :laughing-rolling:

I can just see it...'September 27th MacStill in-store to sign your still and pose for photos' ;-)
Brendan

equipment: 4.99L Essential oil extractor

Postby MacStill » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:14 am

CaptainRedBeard wrote:This is pretty cool Mac, to see a hobby turn into a business venture, and to see it grow to a size that franchising is a thought in the near future, it's incredible. Well done Mr and Mrs Mac, hard work pays off by the sounds of it :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Hard work has paid off sure, but if I could start again I'd do it all a lot differently as my health has not been very good lately due to the stresses and anxiety of working 18 hours a day 7 days a week for the last 3 yrs.

I gotta do something to keep the brand going, but also need to get off the front line.... we have some big decisions to make, and need to find the right people we can trust with franchise if we head down that path.

The next few weeks will have us in a better position to make some more serious decisions, once my health problems are being managed more effectively.

But we aint stopping that's for sure, we want growth :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby CaptainRedBeard » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:17 am

Sounds like you'll have a crew of boiler makers in a hot tin shed pushing out all the FSD products at rapid pace in no time :-D
CaptainRedBeard

equipment: 2" SS Column Reflux Keg Still
2" Copper Pot Still w shotgun condenser
Kelvinator Fridge Fermenter

Postby Kimbo » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:37 am

Brendan wrote:Will you start holding in-store still signings Mac? :laughing-rolling:

I can just see it...'September 27th MacStill in-store to sign your still and pose for photos' ;-)

I remember a time when all his stills were signed ;-)
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby Beer Belly » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:17 pm

Well done Mr and Mrs Mac, Great to hear everything's running full steam ahead.
I'll put an order in shortly..

Note To fence jumpers, the Dog is BIG!! Don't fuck with it..... :scared-eek:
Beer Belly

equipment: FSD Equalizer Modular Still
100 Ltr FSD Pro Boiler.
2 x 2400w Elements
and some other bits and pieces.

Postby Canuck » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:29 pm

Sorry to hear you are having health issues Mr. Mac, but glad to see you are intent on growing! grow to Canada PLEASE! Can't get bugger all here, and what we get is poor quality and expensive. I am fiddling with a flute and cant find any flipping sight glasses. I've read reams of postings covering years, your accomplishments are nothing short of amazing in hobby distilling..... Wow do you ever stop moving???
Canuck

equipment: 44" *2" VM column with double wound condenser. modular 3" VM/pot (214 cm vm,160cm pot), 50 cm 2" shot pc 4*1/2", triple wound condenser with cold finger

Postby MacStill » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:03 pm

Canuck wrote:Sorry to hear you are having health issues Mr. Mac, but glad to see you are intent on growing! grow to Canada PLEASE! Can't get bugger all here, and what we get is poor quality and expensive. I am fiddling with a flute and cant find any flipping sight glasses. I've read reams of postings covering years, your accomplishments are nothing short of amazing in hobby distilling..... Wow do you ever stop moving???

If there's anything you need I can ship to Canada, just flick me an email if there's anything I can help with :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby Canuck » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:13 pm

I'd give it a burl, but I think I'd have a prob hitting my kick with the shipping. Hope thats proper Aw-strine? Was in Sydney for New years in 2008, if ever again would like to catch one of your BBQ's. I like your do more fishing idea, I need to do the same.
Canuck

equipment: 44" *2" VM column with double wound condenser. modular 3" VM/pot (214 cm vm,160cm pot), 50 cm 2" shot pc 4*1/2", triple wound condenser with cold finger

Next

Return to 5 Star Distilling