Carel IR33 controller

A section for all electrical discussions, including controllers, elements, wiring diagrams & schematics.
Forum rules
By participating in this section you acknowledge you are aware of aussiedistiller,com.au forum rules, policies & disclaimer.
If you are not aware please go to the rules section "before" you continue in this area of our forums.

"you expressly agree to hold aussiedistiller.com.au, Administration and moderator team, harmless for any property damage, personal injury and/or death, or any other loss or damage that may result from your use of the information or service provided here in and through out our forums"

the information found in our forums, are from many sources, qualified and un qualified as is the nature of the internet, and as such you use this information at your own risk. No liability directly or indirectly will be accepted by aussiedistillers.com.au, administration, the mod team or their heirs, whatsoever.

Regards,

aussiedistiller team.

Carel IR33 controller

Postby warramungas » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:18 am

Hey guys. Was out the scrap yard looking for something and found a commercial fridge had been ditched.
Picked up the controller off the top of it. Does anyone know anything about this model. Been trying to decipher the literature but its over my head. Does it do hot and cold off two relays?
WP_20160720_13_52_58_Pro.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
warramungas

equipment: 180 litre fermenter x 2
30 liter boiler
PDA-1
2" four plate modular bubbler
2" one meter long LM column
110 liter boiler with 25 liter (max) inline thumper
4" x 4 plate bubble cap still

Re: Carel IR33 controller

Postby rumdidlydum » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:59 pm

I'm no expert but to me its just for cooling by the looks af the diagram.
rumdidlydum

equipment: The infamous Illuminated chicken leg boiler, Rum glass and other bits and bobs

Postby warramungas » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:45 pm

rumdidlydum wrote:I'm no expert but to me its just for cooling by the looks af the diagram.

Shit. Oh well. Keep it for now. I may find a use for it.
warramungas

30 liter boiler
PDA-1

Postby Buzz » Wed May 17, 2017 10:49 am

If it is like some small Carel controllers I've worked with before then it can be used for cooling or heating but not both at the same time. Cool or heat is set by programming the controller with the few front buttons, if used in a fridge set to cool or say if used in a bain-marie set to heat, default is cool. You should be able to download the manual for it from the Carel global website.
Buzz

equipment: FSD 4" pot with work started on a keg boiler
and a 20 year old Spirits Unlimited aluminium pot still

Postby warramungas » Wed May 17, 2017 11:11 am

That's alright mate. It was a freeby off an industrial fridge that was disposed of. Stc's are cheap (carels aren't) but if anyone wants it and is happy to pay postage they can have it. I've got no use for it. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
warramungas

30 liter boiler
PDA-1

Postby wanderlust » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:01 pm

If you're still interested to know about your carel thermostat let me know. I'm a Fridgy by trade and deal with these units quite often. They can read up to 150'c accurately so should be perfect for a still. I'm thinking about using one of these to control a heat sorce for a reflux still I'm constructing.
wanderlust

equipment: A copper reflux head (under construction)

Postby Sam. » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:14 am

wanderlust wrote:If you're still interested to know about your carel thermostat let me know. I'm a Fridgy by trade and deal with these units quite often. They can read up to 150'c accurately so should be perfect for a still. I'm thinking about using one of these to control a heat sorce for a reflux still I'm constructing.

G'day mate, how about an intro in the Welcome Centre :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby warramungas » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:53 pm

wanderlust wrote:If you're still interested to know about your carel thermostat let me know. I'm a Fridgy by trade and deal with these units quite often. They can read up to 150'c accurately so should be perfect for a still. I'm thinking about using one of these to control a heat sorce for a reflux still I'm constructing.

Yeah mate. If you know how to program it, please share. Even if I don't use it, someone else might.
Cheers and welcome.
warramungas

30 liter boiler
PDA-1

Return to Electrical Hardware