Copper tube Albany

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Copper tube Albany

Postby mattyb » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:58 pm

Hi guys

The T500 has finally got on my nerves enough after a few years and it's time to build a Boka. Anyone know where to get copper tube around Albany wa area? I will try the tradelink etc but if anyone has any leads on a good source cheaper etc
mattyb

equipment: 4" Glasser

Re: Copper tube Albany

Postby A&O » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:08 pm

I got all my 4” 3/4” & 1/2” from AgScrap on Albany hwy next door to highway wreckers. I scored about 750mm of 2” from the bloke I bought my welding bench from.

Problem with AgScrap is they cut up the copper pretty quick to bag up to send to Perth, so you need to go in regularly to check out what they have. I’ve been lucky so far with sourcing my pipe on the cheap. I was going to drop in on the bigger plumbers to see if I could rummage through their scrap bins but never needed to. Retail, we have Reece or Tradelink but don’t know their retail prices. Forget Bunnings as they carry stuff all.

Sorry but I don’t have any 2” left, but may have about a 1m length of 4” and some off cuts once I’ve finished my build, let me know how desperate you are and if the 4” is any use to you?
A&O

equipment: 4" 7 foot Blockhead Column - 5 Plate + 500mm Packed section
50L Converted upside down keg

Postby mattyb » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:27 pm

Thanks mate, I am about 60klms out of Albany so don't get in to often although I am heading in on Tuesday. Was going to stop in at the scrap place so will let him know I am chasing it and maybe he can put aside and let me know if he gets some in. Will try tradelink but I hear Reece is really expensive. Couold possibly go 3" but 4 is way too big for what I need.
mattyb

Postby A&O » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:53 pm

No worries, let me know if you decide to go big :D
A&O

Postby mattyb » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:05 pm

You weren't wrong about them being quick at the scrap yard. Went in and got some 2 inch. He said it had come in in the morning and they were cutting it up by lunchtime. Will pop in whenever I go in and keep looking for some 3 inch. Nice bloke there. Priced 3 inch with trade link and $137 a meter :o
mattyb

Postby A&O » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:10 pm

They are pretty friendly and run a pretty clean yard for a scrappy. I find the young bloke gives a better deal than the old bloke. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
A&O

Postby A&O » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:31 pm

Mattyb I’ve got this old 2” stainless column that’s packed with something. When I bought a bench for my shed the old guy gave it to me. If it fits in with your plans, your welcome to have it. Sorry but I’m keeping the boiler but your welcome to have the column.

Call it pay it forward.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A&O

Postby mattyb » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:21 pm

Wow that would be awesome! I got a keg from the tip the other day that I am converting to a boiler so should fit a treat! I also have a t500 boiler I could use. I will give you a hoy next time we are heading to Albany to grab it off ya. Can you pm me your number?
mattyb

Postby A&O » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:07 pm

PM sent
A&O

Postby Banhammer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:09 pm

Thank you for the tip in Albany. been slowly getting parts together for a real still build!

Cheers!
Banhammer

equipment: 5 Litre Super Reflux (baby steps, ayeee)

Return to Beginners Questions