Meet me in the pub for a chat

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: Meet me in the pub for a chat

Postby Sam. » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:41 pm

bet you can't
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby a_d_twomey » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:59 am

bet you can't wait!
a_d_twomey

equipment: Bubble pot still

Postby Dig Brinker » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:49 pm

I’m stilling in a friggin heatwave. Come chat & keep me from dehydration.
Dig Brinker

equipment: 4 inch 4 plate bubbler on keg boiler

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:01 pm

Well Guy's,
Got a bit further into my quest of external heating and sitting back on ice cold lash's The day has finished so in chat if anyone to talk the talk and maybe some bullshit thrown :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: as thats what some do when their on the drop :obscene-drinkingdrunk:
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Dig Brinker » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:27 pm

I’m in chat whilst running... til the phone goes flat!
Dig Brinker

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:58 am

Well as I do have the still running with the second generation of the Chilli wash I have the chat window open and the sound on so if a post is done I will hear it.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:21 pm

Well as today can be described as pea soup a tad foggy and light drizzle has proved into a inside day with the esky got the chat window open.
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:52 pm

another weekend upon us so got the chat window open, well todays brew is a John Boston knockoff pale ale which was a tad cheaper than the 150's so just had to try the change (and get more throwdowns for stock). An average drop but on ice quite dwinkable :obscene-drinkingdrunk: :obscene-drinkingdrunk:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby Sam. » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:40 pm

John boston is owned by the big boys. Hope it tasted like dirt.
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.

Postby Plumby » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:33 pm

Sam. wrote:John boston is owned by the big boys. Hope it tasted like dirt.

Wow that's just fucking nasty man.
Plumby

equipment: 50 litre keg boiler with a 2200watt element and a 2 inch pot still called Shaniqua with a 32mm over 19mm 800mm long liebig condenser attached.

Postby Dig Brinker » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:02 pm

So are the 150 lashes, but we’re not here for beer :teasing-neener:

Stillin’ and chattin’
Dig Brinker

Postby woodduck » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:13 pm

I'll be in for a bit :handgestures-thumbupleft:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Sam. » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:23 am

Plumby wrote:

Wow that's just fucking nasty man.

I like to support the companies that are passionate about their beer and make a good product.

The huge corporations that mass produce shit beer that they label as "craft" and "botique" that fuck over the small guys can go and get royally fucked. That is my personal opinion and you will have a very hard time trying to change it.
Sam.
Lifetime Member

18 Gal boiler.

Postby Plumby » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:17 am

All good man, the way I read it was he brewed it himself. Upon rereading I realise I was mistaken.
Plumby

equipment: 50 litre keg boiler with a 2200watt element and a 2 inch pot still called Shaniqua with a 32mm over 19mm 800mm long liebig condenser attached.

Postby Sam. » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:05 pm

Plumby wrote:All good man, the way I read it was he brewed it himself. Upon rereading I realise I was mistaken.

All good mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:

It really is a sore point with me tho the way they portray a product as craft when they are nothing but while simultaneously killing the true craft producers :handgestures-thumbdown:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

18 Gal boiler.

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:43 pm

Sheesh all I did was buy a slab after a hard weeks work and it seems like the whole world is against me for even suggesting I bought a slab of beer. :violence-stickwhack: If I knew this beer was big boys slop I never would of bought it and as it was a few bucks cheaper than the 150 lash's thought I'd give it a go. Well it is a very average pale ale and it will be the last one I buy. O'well got 2 more dozen crown seal throw down bottles for the collection and soon I'll give the all grain beer mashing a go.

I've got over 20 litres of hooch on oak aging and I don't like to drink spirits every weekend either.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby Sam. » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:16 am

Bryan1 wrote:Sheesh all I did was buy a slab after a hard weeks work and it seems like the whole world is against me for even suggesting I bought a slab of beer. :violence-stickwhack: If I knew this beer was big boys slop I never would of bought it and as it was a few bucks cheaper than the 150 lash's thought I'd give it a go. Well it is a very average pale ale and it will be the last one I buy. O'well got 2 more dozen crown seal throw down bottles for the collection and soon I'll give the all grain beer mashing a go.

I've got over 20 litres of hooch on oak aging and I don't like to drink spirits every weekend either.

Cheers Bryan

That's my exact point, the sneaky bastards sell it as if it came out of a small independent brewery when it was in fact just tacked onto a 1000 Hectolitre brewery. Unfortunately with anything that looks like craft and its cheap then it probably isn't.

Anyway I digress, I'm sure your own spirits will be much more satisfying Bryan :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

18 Gal boiler.

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:21 pm

Well I got a pm about the meet in the paddock out the back and said I'll be in chat tonight to talk about it and eh got some lash's this weekend and didn't even think of looking at the Dan Murhy's selection of bigboys slop in the craft brew section. :)) :)) :))

Long weekend here so with plenty to do a good Friday night is on the cards. :music-deathmetal: :music-deathmetal:

Earlier this week decided to use my local federal member to put a complaint into Telstra and got the result this arvo. If the community doesn'r want to complain then they can put up with the congestion on the ADSL2+. If they do complain enough we can get another Dslam put in to fix the problem until the NBN wifi hits town. So I've had a good week and this weekend time to get the sheep in so the back paddock is empty bar Missy Moo who the former petting cow from the Adelaide Zoo spending the rest of her life here.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby woodduck » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:07 pm

I'll be in for a chat for a bit :handgestures-thumbupleft:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Sam. » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:52 pm

Might drop into the pub for a quick one in a minute :D
Sam.
Lifetime Member

18 Gal boiler.

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit