Cricket chat

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: Cricket chat

Postby baysidebogan » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:44 pm

whiskeyshiner wrote:Yeah the new breed of commentators dont come close to the old school style of blokes like ritchie and tony greg. I mean james brayshaw how did that dickhead get on tv hes complete douche he was such a crap batsmen punter took his wicket in a state game.
Brayshaw is a mate of eddie mcquire and president of North Melmebourne footy club, which explains why he is not only cricket commentator but also host of the AFL footy show. Totally agree that the current crop of yappers are not a patch on the blokes we all grew up listening to like Tony and Richie. The current crew, unlike Richie, just do not know when to shut up and just let the viewer enjoy the game.
baysidebogan

equipment: 2 inch JayD copper pot,50l keg 2400 mac element, and a 19lt pot still with thumper that sits on the stove in the kitchen

Postby Doubleuj » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:43 pm

:happy-partydance: hargh hum, think this is payback for the World Cup rugby.
Aus 1/403
Crap. Just as I'm typing this, Khawaja gets out.
Oh well, 400+ on day one, go warner for triple ton! :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Postby rumdidlydum » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:37 pm

Doubleuj wrote::happy-partydance: hargh hum, think this is payback for the World Cup rugby.
Aus 1/403
Crap. Just as I'm typing this, Khawaja gets out.
Oh well, 400+ on day one, go warner for triple ton! :handgestures-thumbupleft:

You can easily tell the national game of each country :O) :laughing-rolling:
rumdidlydum

equipment: The infamous Illuminated chicken leg boiler, Rum glass and other bits and bobs

Postby Teddysad » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:19 pm

As of now I think the previous comments were a little premature :happy-partydance:
Teddysad

equipment: FSD 4"SSG with packed column 50l Boiler keg. Alex 25 for smaller scale runs

Postby Teddysad » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:54 pm

Australia 559

New Zealand 600 and still going
Teddysad

equipment: FSD 4"SSG with packed column 50l Boiler keg. Alex 25 for smaller scale runs

Postby Doubleuj » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:19 pm

559 declared though, huge come back by the kiwis though.
Will be interesting if there's a result from the match though, might not be enough time left in the game
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

Postby Doubleuj » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:06 pm

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

Postby Teddysad » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:56 am

Guess one T Chappell has lost his crown as Oz's most hated Cricketer
Teddysad

Postby Otago Elvis » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:50 am

Despite the bans on Smith, Warner and Bancroft, there still seems to be more questions than answers :think: I guess there will be more to come over the next few months as players and officials on the South African tour slowly leak some truths.
I can't imagine Cricket Australia being successful in gagging the players who have had their names tarnished during this train wreck. You'd think there'd be leaks.
Otago Elvis

equipment: Potstill

Postby Doubleuj » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:14 am

This is all I’ve been getting from a pommy mate since it happened :laughing-rolling:
3850CB0F-42DD-4FF6-A47E-A6F0B9801B90.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

Postby Teddysad » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:48 am

ozcrick.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teddysad

Postby woodduck » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:08 am

I just can't believe they did it let alone think they would get away with it. What the hell! There's more to this, there has to be. Why would a bloke that could very well be Australia's next best batsman ever risk it to win a match? Not like his position in the team is uncertain.

Did Bancroft purposely get caught because he knew it was wrong? He didn't hide it too well.

All I can say is shame shame shame, I'm embarrassed to be a aussie cricket supporter at the moment. I'd be happy if none of these 3 ever played again!
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Doubleuj » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:15 am

I’ve said from the start that warner was behind it, probably to get back at them for de kocks comment about his wife in the stairwell.. but, smith as captain shouldn’t have gone along with it. He should have had the ballls to stop it.
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

Postby woodduck » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:22 am

:text-+1: I've never really liked Warner's attitude. I've lost all respect for Smith his only hope is that he knew nothing of it and chose to fall on his sword because he felt responsible for his teams actions but I highly doubt he didn't know. The bowlers need a kick in the arse too, surely they would have noticed the change in the ball even if they didn't know what was going on it shouldn't prompted questions.

The fact that a player from the opposition knew something was up when they were reverse swinging it way too early in the innings and tipped the camera men off tells ya something. These 3 must think people are dumb.
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby gap » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:03 am

you all should go and read up on the history of players caught ball tampering , including the current South African captain.
"Going back more than 20 years, Mike Atherton, Rahul Dravid, Shoaib Akhtar, Faf du Plessis, Imran Khan, Marcus Trescothick, Waqar Younis — all major names, who've either been charged with or confessed to ball tampering and given only fines or less" . this quote is from ABC website
The ICC should have handed down heavy penalties when it first happened.
I do not condone or excuse what the Australian players did but some of the comments here lack any real knowledge of what did or did not happen
gap

equipment: nothing at the moment. want to purchase or make a pot still

Postby warramungas » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:01 pm

I pissed myself laughing when the inlaw was getting all worked up over it.
He's thoughts were they should ban them from cricket forever for cheating. Maybe that will stop others from thinking about doing it he said.
I told him at worst they'd get a suspension of a year or two. There's too much money riding on it and the sports as crooked as a dogs hind leg anyway. Plenty of cheating in cricket.
They should be given a suspended sentence for being retarded enough to actually get caught. Aussies are obviously crap at it.
warramungas

equipment: 180 litre fermenter x 2
30 liter boiler
PDA-1
2" four plate modular bubbler
2" one meter long LM column
110 liter boiler with 25 liter (max) inline thumper
4" x 4 plate bubble cap still

Postby woodduck » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:36 pm

Yep the fact that everybody else does it makes it ok I guess. How silly of me to think that Australia should keep it's reasonably untarnished record clean. It's ment to be a gentleman's sport one of honor, sportsmanship and pride. I guess we are in 2018 after all, hell if someone wants to cheat who are we to say they can't. Good on ya Smithy, keep up the good work mate!

If this is the way Australian cricket is heading and they have the supporters support in cheating I'm pretty sure I'm done with cricket. Time to move to lawn bowls where hopefully some sportsmanship still exists with the older generation. Bowl er up Beryl.
woodduck
Lifetime Member

Postby gap » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:13 am

Woodduck you have completely missed the point I was making. It was not that everybody else did it so it is OK, it was the penalties issued by the ICC and each Country's Governing Body that is completely inconsistent. ICC slap on the wrist and NOTHING from Governing Bodies.

You might also find that lawn bowls is also no longer an old persons sport . Many of the Champion players are now young.
gap

equipment: nothing at the moment. want to purchase or make a pot still

Postby db1979 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:48 am

I think woodduck was taking the piss.
db1979

equipment: Eve - 4" x 4 plate solid state bubbler (sieve plates), 330 mm packed section on a keg boiler with 2 x 2000 W elements.
Currently having a makeover: 2" x 4 plate solid state bubbler (1" bubble caps, no sight glasses...maybe not for much longer!) on a bain-marie boiler.

Postby Otago Elvis » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:54 am

I bet if Bancroft had his press conference over again, he'd cry more!
Otago Elvis

equipment: Potstill

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit