Upgrade from Alembic and T500

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Upgrade from Alembic and T500

Postby Ned » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:15 pm

At the moment I have the Alembic dome and T500 both copper and have done grain whiskey on the dome. Using TPW have done a stripping run on the dome a spirit run on the T500 and another spirit run on the dome. Out of the 50 litres (5 litres of previous head and tales) I got 10.8 litres of clean spirit @ 40%.(I don't filter) Lot of work. What I am wonder would it be easier using a bubbler like the following ?
Will I get as good a clean spirit from the bubbler using 5 plates ?
Will I get the same quality as the Alembic using 4 plates ?
Can I use this on the Grainfather or will it be under powered. ? I know that I would have to do 2 stripping run to get sufficient 40% wines for vodka etc.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Instructions for the bubbler :- "At www.5stardistilling.com.au Brewery we recomend that for rums, whiskies, brandies and so on that you use 4 plates & do single runs, while for the purest nuetral the Nuetral Spirit Thrasher will bennifit from higher ABV upto 40% (no greater than 40%) low wines runs from stripped wash."
Last edited by The Stig on Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed pic containing brew store still
Ned

equipment: 4" 4 Plate Bubbler with 500m packed section/blockhead and 50 litre milk can. Only the best.

Re: Upgrade from Alembic and T500

Postby coffe addict » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:45 pm

It'll be a hell of a lot better than your current stills. In both speed and quality but will be too heavy for a grainfather boiler.
coffe addict

equipment: 18 gal keg boiler on its side on wheel's with fill port, 1in drain and 2x2.4kw elements
4in 5 plate modular blockhead with optional infusion basket

Re: Upgrade from Alembic and T500

Postby Ned » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:51 pm

Thanks. That what my thoughts were.
Ned

equipment: 4" 4 Plate Bubbler with 500m packed section/blockhead and 50 litre milk can. Only the best.

Return to Beginners Questions