Contract gin recipe development in melbourne

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Re: Contract gin recipe development in melbourne

Postby deryn » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:19 am

deryn

equipment: .
SS T500
SS Alembic Pot

Postby RC Al » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:33 am

My apologies, did something change? I very clearly recollect that there was a pay for hobby option? I laughed at the concept that they could enforce it at the time...
RC Al
Mentor

equipment: 3 plate 4" glasser
2" Potty

Postby orcy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:06 pm

Sebastian raeburn at craft and co is definitely consulting on recipe development for commercial distillation. Great guy too. They also do contract distilling if you want to start a company and gypsy brew.
orcy

equipment: Old style T500 style still. honestly, I dont even remember who made it anymore
4 inch soon to be modular pot.

Postby db1979 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:16 pm

RC Al wrote:My apologies, did something change? I very clearly recollect that there was a pay for hobby option? I laughed at the concept that they could enforce it at the time...

No, nothing has changed; there never was the option.

I think in NZ, as part of the series of events that led to legalisation, they tried to make hobbyists pay and then realised how difficult it was, so decided to just make it legal and tax free. If I recall correctly. Or maybe it had to do with the volume of stills needing to be registered and audited. :think:
db1979

equipment: Eve - 4" x 4 plate solid state bubbler (sieve plates), 330 mm packed section on a keg boiler with 2 x 2000 W elements.
Currently having a makeover: 2" x 4 plate solid state bubbler (1" bubble caps, no sight glasses...maybe not for much longer!) on a bain-marie boiler.

Postby Rolls912 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:27 pm

deryn wrote:Hey melb_andy, have a listen to episode 22 of Still Talking Podcast
https://stilltalkingpodcast.com/ep-22-an-interview-w-derv-and-sebastian-of-anther-spirits/
It's an interview with the owners of Anther Spirits, small batch gin producers who operate out of a place called The Craft & Co in Collingwood. From what I can tell, that place is exactly what you are looking for.

Great blokes too. Always happy to share the love
Rolls912

equipment: 5SD 4inch Boka
5SD pot still
5SD milk can
Carter head
Charcoal filter
Temp controller

Previous

Return to Beginners Questions