ispindle

Parrots beaks, valves, condensers, and all other hardware for stilling.

ispindle

Postby bluc » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:55 pm

So there is an open source project called ispindle. It is similar to the tilt hydrometer but open source with parts readly available from china. There is also part kits available from some places on the web. It is an electronic hydrometer that logs temps and gravity and sends data via wifi to your choice of server.

If people are interested I can help with how to's on setting them up along with free local area servers to read data and display it. I have been trying to find a software for web server use to setup a public server but is above my abilities.

I currently have fermentrack software for my server easy to setup and configure. This software will also allow control fermentation temps through heaters and small cheap arduino type developer boards. Soldering and some previous linux experience is a bonus but I will try simplify stuff as much as possible. So let me know if your interested and I will put together some guides.. Here's a couple pics
home page
ispindle 2.jpg

device page with current fermentation info
ispindle.jpg

device calibration/management page
ispindle 3.jpg

ispindle 4.png

ispindle 5.jpg

Happy to answear any questions :handgestures-thumbupleft: and happy easter all
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Re: ispindle

Postby Cadmoon » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:33 pm

Looks very interesting, any idea where to get a list of required bits?
Cadmoon

equipment: Home made pelican with shotgun condenser on a t500 with alembic dome.

Re: ispindle

Postby bluc » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:36 pm

Ispindle github page or some of the beer forums have how to's and lists with specific parts lists.. :handgestures-thumbupleft: from memory I built 10 for $140ish
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Return to Accessories