Cricket chat

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: Cricket chat

Postby woodduck » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:35 pm

db1979 wrote:I think woodduck was taking the piss.

I was. It was your comment on the other comments that bought it on. I don't think they were out of line. I know I'm no cricket guru but I don't recall any other time aussies were caught ball tampering? I think aussie supporters have the right to be angry. It's not just the cricketers personal reputation that gets damaged by this. Our reputation as supporters is now damaged. Look at what wj has been getting from his pommy mate. Every time one of us talks to someone from an opposing team that will be the first thing bought up. I would rather cop crap about not being as good as them but being called a country of cheats now has me pissed off.
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby hillzabilly » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:38 pm

Ifn ya do the crime be prepared ta do the time,if you are playing for yourself do as you wish ,BUT ifn you are representing others ,there is an obligation ta leave that shit were it belongs in the gutter and grow a spine,sport,money and politics is an unsavoury mix and does encourage bad behaviour, anyhoo my 2c worth.cheers hillzabilly :violence-stickwhack:
hillzabilly

equipment: 10 gallon OZARK pot still ,2inch and 3inch Nixon Stone coloum stills ,10 and 18 gal beer keg boilers,5gal thumper keg.And the one and only 4" Five Star Southern Cross .

Postby warramungas » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:02 pm

Lol. Its fun listening to people who take this stuff seriously like my in law does.
To me cricketers reputations are no more important than the reputations of pollies.
There were, in the past, some fantastic sportsmanship examples like bradman (and some shockers like the bodyline series) but I think people are fooling themselves when they think sportsman are doing it 'for the game' like they used to before major money interests became involved.
Afls the same. Gone are the rough and tumble of the original Abletts and Lockets to the primadonna whippets of today that tear a hammy if someone farts loudly in their direction. Games faster but all the characters is gone from the game.
I'm ranting again and Aussies are mostly too indoctrinated to allow them to see the problems with professional sports.

The voices in my head are telling me to shut up now. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
warramungas

equipment: 180 litre fermenter x 2
30 liter boiler
PDA-1
2" four plate modular bubbler
2" one meter long LM column
110 liter boiler with 25 liter (max) inline thumper
4" x 4 plate bubble cap still

Postby woodduck » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:38 pm

If it was just about the money they wouldn't cheat would they? I'm pretty sure smith will loose a few bucks over this with his IPL contract and sponsorships ripped up, dosen't make sence to me?

I just don't like it when our reputation as aussies is damaged, that's more my point.
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby bluc » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:54 pm

I reakon more money was lost because they got caught.
You reakon any player would risk their salary or career unless there was pressure from above and even bigger dollars involved :-B
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby warramungas » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:08 pm

I'm hearing you mate but since when does a bad international reputation matter? Look at china or Russia. They're doing ok and everyone knows they've got no problems to f**k anyone over to get whatever result they want.
I'm more along the lines of Putins view with the nerve agent used in the UK.
'I dont give a f**k what you wan*ers think. I'll do what I want and your opinions dont matter.' Not that I'm condoning killing people that speak out against you with military grade neurotoxins.

Oops. There I go again. Full disclaimer. I'm not a fan of any professional sport at all but if you're passionate then good on ya. Know some Catholics and Mussies with passions like you guys about their gods too. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I'm sure they lost money but is there a way, being one of the great unknowing unwashed non betting people, that they (obviously not them personally) could bet on a result like this and clean up? Just curious.
I like to look at all angles. Seems strange to lose that much money for a cheating offence many others do without getting caught.

Taking the piss guys. Not having a go at you cricket affaciados!
warramungas

30 liter boiler
PDA-1

Postby Sam. » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:27 pm

This thread is getting close to being locked
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Doubleuj » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:31 pm

warramungas wrote:The voices in my head are telling me to shut up now. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Should have listened to them, I just brought this topic up to discuss cricket with other cricket fanatics like me.
If you’re not into it, that’s cool but no need to get religious.

I reckon the team will bounce back, hopefully before next ashes so I can rub my mates nose in it :laughing-rolling:
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Postby Teddysad » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:59 pm

Doubleuj wrote:
I reckon the team will bounce back,

Ah but will that Bounce Back be lopsided due to all the abrasive talk?
Last edited by Doubleuj on Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quote
Teddysad

equipment: FSD 4"SSG with packed column 50l Boiler keg. Alex 25 for smaller scale runs

Apologies

Postby warramungas » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:18 pm

I have to offer you gentlemen my sincerest apologies. I meant to do this earlier today but I've had my ring hanging out at work and I'm on the bus home now.
I've had a rough couple of days (lack of sleep due to some family issues) and while that may be a reason its not an excuse for me to behave like a prick to you guys.
I got carried away and tried to foist my views on you guys which was wrong and unfair.
It wont happen again in any topic.
Good luck with your cricket.
Warra.
warramungas

30 liter boiler
PDA-1

Postby Plumby » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:26 pm

Very manly of you to apologize Warra, hope everything at home goes well.
Plumby

equipment: 50 litre keg boiler with a 2200watt element and a 2 inch pot still called Shaniqua with a 32mm over 19mm 800mm long liebig condenser attached.

Postby woodduck » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:32 pm

No worries Warra, I probably got a bit carried away too. All good though.

Hope all goes well at home mate.
woodduck
Lifetime Member

Postby Doubleuj » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:49 pm

Yeah all good warra, I’m just a proper cricket nut 8-} and I know you’re a great bloke. Hope all is well :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

Postby warramungas » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:20 pm

Thanks fellas. Terminal illness within my pool of relatives. Luckily not my immediate family but close family nonetheless.
Cheers.
Last edited by warramungas on Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
warramungas

30 liter boiler
PDA-1

Postby Otago Elvis » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:21 pm

Teddysad wrote:
Doubleuj wrote:Ah but will that Bounce Back be lopsided due to all the abrasive talk?

That's a bit rough, Ted ?!?
Otago Elvis

equipment: Potstill

Postby Plumby » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:30 am

Otago Elvis wrote:
Teddysad wrote:
Doubleuj wrote:Ah but will that Bounce Back be lopsided due to all the abrasive talk?

That's a bit rough, Ted ?!?

Not as rough as one side of the ball now. :laughing-rolling:
Last edited by Plumby on Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Plumby

equipment: 50 litre keg boiler with a 2200watt element and a 2 inch pot still called Shaniqua with a 32mm over 19mm 800mm long liebig condenser attached.

Postby Doubleuj » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:23 pm

C’mon aussies :dance: England all out for 67!!
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

Postby woodduck » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:53 am

This is all I have to say....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
woodduck
Lifetime Member

Postby Arismac » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:22 pm

I think the biggest worry that the "Poms" would have at the moment is the physical sustainability of Jofra Archer. The workload he has taken on in this match pales into insignificance when compared with those that have been well carried by Truman, Lillee and Johnson.

They are betting a lot on this bowler but my money will not be supporting his chances of surviving an Ashes in Australia.
Arismac

equipment: none left

Postby Doubleuj » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:21 pm

I thought the same too Mac, but his run up is short and efficient. And he’s young, he’s a real danger. Time will tell though if his body holds out.
His body line bowling is going to come back to haunt him though
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit