NE Vic

NE Vic

Postby Chocko6969 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:31 pm

OK I'll start, in NE Vic, currently getting great results (from all reports as I don't drink much Gin). All vapour infused method and playing with recipes.
Also trying to keep one bottle of each batch I do so I can compare in 6-12 months, just to see if ageing does have as much an effect as people say.

Any others in Vic that might like to catch up for a chat?

Chocko.
Chocko6969

equipment: Bubbler now operational!

Re: NE Vic

Postby Clickeral » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:32 pm

Im in SE Vic always happy to meet and compare notes

I also brew beer
Clickeral

equipment: 5 Hectoliters of Fermenting space (120L temp controlled)
12 Plate modular procap bubbler with 1020mm stainless packed sections and super reflux condenser
50L Milk can boiler 2x 2400w or 70L kettle (2x 2200w)
3v nanobrewery mashing

Postby Ned » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:41 pm

Chocko6969 wrote:OK I'll start, in NE Vic, currently getting great results (from all reports as I don't drink much Gin). All vapour infused method and playing with recipes.
Also trying to keep one bottle of each batch I do so I can compare in 6-12 months, just to see if ageing does have as much an effect as people say.

Any others in Vic that might like to catch up for a chat?

Chocko.

I am North Central Victoria on the Murray. Also a Brewer. Would be great to organise a chat, as I am looking at trying my hand at making gin :cool:
Ned

equipment: 4" 4 Plate Bubbler with 500m packed section/blockhead and 50 litre milk can. Only the best.

Postby MaKa » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:20 pm

I am in Melbourne. I have been playing mostly with macerated gins, however, I recently purchased a carter head and I have been working on some ideas to bring more vapour infused gins.

On a side note, has anyone played with tonka beans? I am noticing this more in gins and I am interested giving a gin with this a go when I can find some.
MaKa

equipment: FSD 4" Neutraliser
FSD Carter head
T500 pot still with a 2" FSD modular head

Postby Chocko6969 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:50 pm

MaKa wrote:I am in Melbourne. I have been playing mostly with macerated gins, however, I recently purchased a carter head and I have been working on some ideas to bring more vapour infused gins.

On a side note, has anyone played with tonka beans? I am noticing this more in gins and I am interested giving a gin with this a go when I can find some.

Not heard of them but they do sound very interesting, especially considering too much can kill you... :scared-eek: Herbies have them, and they also give an idea on quantity to use in place of Vanilla bean.

Chocko
Chocko6969

equipment: Bubbler now operational!

Postby MaKa » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:06 pm

You made me do a bit of research on them now. I see what you are saying about them being toxic, but probably not on the quantity that I would use :)

I didn't realise how expensive they are. i was hoping to find them in a brick and mortar store, such as Terra Madre or the Essential Ingredient.
MaKa

equipment: FSD 4" Neutraliser
FSD Carter head
T500 pot still with a 2" FSD modular head

Postby benner » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:44 am

Bison grass has the same poison Coumarin contained in tonka beans.The tincture of bison grass found in żubrówka Polish vodka to give it's unique taste.
I read somewhere it could have been on this forum ?? 6 fresh blades cut into 13 mm pieces does the trick. It has blood thinning properties so be aware.
benner

equipment: 50 mm 1.5 m stainless, with a vapor chamber head, copper mesh and ss scrubbers.

Return to Victoria