Digilboil 35l & Still Spirits Alembic Copper Dome

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Digilboil 35l & Still Spirits Alembic Copper Dome

Postby druwade » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:34 pm

Hi all,

First post of many - what an awesome community. I did a search and couldn't really find much.

I have recently acquired the Digiboil 35l boiler to learn distilling, and I've decided to go with an alembic dome lid and condensor as I have a couple of friends who distill commercially so from a learning point of view makes sense. The question I have is will the Still Spirits copper dome top and condensor work on Digiboil 35l. All advertisements says its good for the T500 and I cant find much on the measurements to see if it lines up or if it it does, is ti a good fit.

Alembic Copper Dome and Condenser - https://www.ibrew.com.au/collections/al ... -condensor
Digiboil 35l - https://www.kegland.com.au/35l-digiboil ... 0watt.html

Many thanks in advance!

edited - added links
Last edited by druwade on Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
druwade

equipment: 35L digiboiler, FSD 2" pot still... For now.

Re: Digilboil 35l & Still Spirits Alembic Copper Dome

Postby hgwells » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:56 pm

Why would you go for a still spirits Alembic copper dome when you could go for a modular option like:

https://www.5stardistilling.com/product/2-pot-still/ that will allow for future expansion?
hgwells
Site Donor

equipment: FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
60L Milkcan Boiler
100L 5 Star Boiler
3x 2400 Elements
1x 3600 Element
Turbo-500

Postby druwade » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:14 pm

hgwells wrote:Why would you go for a still spirits Alembic copper dome when you could go for a modular option like:

https://www.5stardistilling.com/product/2-pot-still/ that will allow for future expansion?

That's a great question - I never considered this and is definitely a sensible option even if the cost is a little higher. As i'm wanting to distil gin, the dome top would be something I'd prefer for the botanical experiments
druwade

Postby The Stig » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:30 pm

Welcome to the forum, since this is your first post I moved it here to the welcome centre
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby hgwells » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:31 pm

Hi Druwade

You can still distill gin using the modular option, either pre macerate and filter before you add to your boiler, add direct to your boiler if you have an element that is not exposed or suspend your botanicals in a bag above the height of the liquid in the boiler.

Achieve the same outcome :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I went down the path you are going 2 years ago and in hind sight should have ponied up for a modular system in the first place. I have now spent money twice and have a whole lot of gear I probably won’t use.

Cheers

HG
Last edited by hgwells on Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hgwells
Site Donor

equipment: FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
60L Milkcan Boiler
100L 5 Star Boiler
3x 2400 Elements
1x 3600 Element
Turbo-500

Postby druwade » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:38 pm

The Stig wrote:Welcome to the forum, since this is your first post I moved it here to the welcome centre

Thanks mate! Sorry!

hgwells wrote:Hi Druwade

You can still distill gin using the modular option, either pre macerate and filter before you add to your boiler, add direct to your boiler if you have an element that is not exposed or suspend your botanicals in a bag above the height of the liquid in the boiler.

Achieve the same outcome :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I went down the path you are going 2 years ago and in hind sight should have ponied up for a modular system in the first place. I have now spent money twice and have a whole lot of gear I probably won’t use.

Cheers

HG

Thanks mate! Seems to be the right course of action. Really do appreciate the quick feedback. Modular it is!
druwade

Postby Wellsy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:26 pm

Hello Druwade
I can not recommend strongly enough you give Andrew a call at 5 star.

Straight forward honest advice he will do all he can to find you the best value for money option for what you want to do. Just remember the cheapest is not always the best value, nor is the most expensive for that matter. It is about knowing what you want and then talking to someone who is happy to share their experience. Andrew will do that

Welcome to forum, this is not an addiction, this is not an addiction, I have been wrong before lol
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby druwade » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:20 pm

Wellsy wrote:Hello Druwade
I can not recommend strongly enough you give Andrew a call at 5 star.

Straight forward honest advice he will do all he can to find you the best value for money option for what you want to do. Just remember the cheapest is not always the best value, nor is the most expensive for that matter. It is about knowing what you want and then talking to someone who is happy to share their experience. Andrew will do that

Welcome to forum, this is not an addiction, this is not an addiction, I have been wrong before lol

Cheers mate! Already onto him, shipping is going to be a killer, by boy oh boy im excited.
druwade

Postby Wellsy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:51 pm

Oh I know that pain mate, I just ordered my boiler and still from him today.
Such a patient reassuring bloke to deal with.
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby druwade » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:37 pm

Just wanted to thank everyone for their advice - Andrew has sorted me out and then some.

I look forward to posting, contributing and enjoying this community and hopefully post covid some new mates.
druwade

Postby Wellsy » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:08 am

It was never in doubt that he would. He has the happy knack of making the choices seem clear, not because he wants to sell something, but rather wants to help you achieve what you are hoping for. He asks the right questions so you clarify what you want to do , once that is sorted it is as simple as, this is what you need to do that, now do you really want to it. If the answer is yes all decisions are made
Wellsy

Return to Welcome Centre