Places in Australia to get stuff for Distilling etc

This is a forum developed for people looking for distilling hardware, here is where you should post links and information as to where we can find stuff on the net or in your local area.

Postby maheel » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:03 pm

Thought a thread about where to find stuff might be handy, things like copper pipe, tri-clamps, solder, ingredients etc ?

maybe we could try to keep it a "clean thread" and only posts about where or how, any questions could be asked via PM or in their own threads?

here is a few to kick it off

a great place for copper pipe for condensers and small fittings in Australia is
http://www.polyaire.com.au/index.htm
have prices online for copper here http://www.polyaire.com.au/copperprices.htm (but confirm via email with polyaire)

I have bought SS tri-clamps and fittings in Brisbane from here
http://www.matrixps.com/index.htm
they were "distilling friendly "

i have bought various scrap copper here
United Scrap Metal Traders
913 Lytton Road, Murarrie QLD 4172 (07) 3890 2637 ‎
unitedmetals.com.au
they also let you have a look in the scrap bins yourself most times.
expect to pay about $10 a kg for copper "scrap"
maheel

Re: Places in Australia to get stuff for Distilling etc

Postby busman » Sun May 29, 2011 5:19 pm

For those in Sydney, I got my copper at Hardware & General in Marayong, they gave me trade discount because I was buying a fair bit of stuff, some parts were almost two thirds off retail price with the discount. I got my stainless fittings, triclamps, ferrules etc from M&S Stainless Supplies in Prospect. I use an 80L plastic drum for a fermenter, I bought it on eBay from a seller in Rouse Hill, she's always got heaps of cheap food-grade drums for sale (mine cost $10!) - http://shop.ebay.com.au/ktcowgirl/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562
busman

equipment: 2" VM column, 2" pot still, 55L keg boiler

Postby Aussiedownunder01 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:47 pm

Dont forget scrap metal dealers at the moment every body is selling there scrap for xmas
I picked up these from a scrappy today for $21.00 the round disc is a ss strainer about 1/8 in thick very fine [ thinking alcohol would pass through it nice ]
Thats only a bit of what was in the bin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aussiedownunder01

Location: So close to melbourne airport you can hear the plains
equipment: 100 litre boiler with a 4 in 5 plate bubbler on top with a 500 packed section standing by if needed

Postby Urrazeb » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:39 am

11inch cone filters can be found at Harvester frozen foods in midland. They're fry oil filters and are bloody good! $21 for 50 huge filters :)
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby MattyC » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:09 pm

I found a guy in Brisbane that is selling pretty decent copper scourers - (i.e. pure copper mesh rolled up) :music-deathmetal:

Good price too. I have seen him list some on ebay recently if anyone is interested.
MattyC

equipment: 50L Keg Boiler (2400w and 3600w elements)
McStill TES (5 plate bubbler with neutral and gin basket extensions)

Postby Sam. » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:21 pm

MattyC wrote:I found a guy in Brisbane that is selling pretty decent copper scourers - (i.e. pure copper mesh rolled up) :music-deathmetal:

Good price too. I have seen him list some on ebay recently if anyone is interested.

Post up a link to Ebay if you could mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby bac206 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:57 pm

I found this one on Ebay this arvo if its of use to anyone. 20kg malts etc, itd be great price if you lived nearby. Ive never used them so cant comment for quality
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/20kg-Bag-Malt-Grain-All-Grain-Brewing-Home-Brew-/271270981700?pt=AU_Barware&var=&hash=item84c1a658e8
bac206

equipment: 2" CM Keggomax
2" Copper pot head.
DIY Voltage controller
Just finished 4" glass bubbler

Postby 1 2many » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:38 pm

bac206 wrote:I found this one on Ebay this arvo if its of use to anyone. 20kg malts etc, itd be great price if you lived nearby. Ive never used them so cant comment for quality
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/20kg-Bag-Malt-Grain-All-Grain-Brewing-Home-Brew-/271270981700?pt=AU_Barware&var=&hash=item84c1a658e8

Never bought grain from them only brewing hardware but there service is second to none and have a massive range of products. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby Urrazeb » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:45 pm

Big Bubble has a great range of equipment. Very HBS based (turbos no cuts etc) but great to find essential oils for liqueurs and such and distilling equipment.

Also just around the corner is Stockfeed west 4 Meliador Way Midvale, WA, Good molasses and good grain range. Small bags 1kg up to 20+kg
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Return to Distillers Warehouse