Five Star Distilling, SS modular columns

High performance modular SS304 plated columns and accessories.

Re: Five Star Distilling, SS modular columns

Postby Kimbo » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:44 pm

:!!
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby Sam. » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:45 pm

Kimbo wrote::!!

Still waiting for the last package you impatient prick :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby MacStill » Sat May 04, 2013 7:33 pm

Watch this space peoples, I have a few more stills and other new parts coming over the next couple of weeks..... some really cool gear on its way :happy-partydance:

I will also be releasing a new 4 plate bubbler, I cant wait to clamp this baby together :dance:

Also arriving is the first of some 6" gear that I might put into production, and also a few new models of product condensers.

The first of the 8" bubblers is also about to become a reality with it being shipped by the end of next week.

However due to prying eyes here I wont be releasing too many details until the gear actually arrives and is available ;-)

Cheers
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby wedwards » Sat May 04, 2013 8:14 pm

Freakin tempting
wedwards

equipment: Reflux still

Postby MacStill » Sat May 04, 2013 8:22 pm

wedwards wrote:Freakin tempting

"YOU NEED THE 6" MODEL" it's a must :))
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby DaveZ » Sat May 04, 2013 8:25 pm

MacStill wrote:"YOU NEED THE 6" MODEL" it's a must :))

Don't tell me I have to start budgeting for an upgrade already?? :wtf: :D
DaveZ

equipment: 5 plate FSD bubbler with gin basket and packed rock section on a 50L, 4800W keg

Postby MacStill » Sat May 04, 2013 8:27 pm

DaveZ wrote:
MacStill wrote:"YOU NEED THE 6" MODEL" it's a must :))

Don't tell me I have to start budgeting for an upgrade already?? :wtf: :D

Nah forget the budget, just dive straight in :laughing-rolling:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby DaveZ » Sat May 04, 2013 8:29 pm

In for a penny, in for a pound hey? Sounds good to me, lucky I don't have a finance minister :whistle: :whistle:
DaveZ

equipment: 5 plate FSD bubbler with gin basket and packed rock section on a 50L, 4800W keg

Postby Cane Toad » Sat May 04, 2013 9:16 pm

I do but I just don't tell her until it turns up :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Easier to seek forgiveness or some such :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby MacStill » Sat May 04, 2013 9:23 pm

Imagine how nervous I get when a delivery is due :scared-eek:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby wedwards » Sat May 04, 2013 9:46 pm

MacStill wrote:
wedwards wrote:Freakin tempting

"YOU NEED THE 6" MODEL" it's a must :))

I KNOW I do .... Also need a ninth job hahahahahaha - if I could get some people to pay me any time soon I WILL have one :)
wedwards

equipment: Reflux still

Postby MacStill » Mon May 13, 2013 5:23 pm

Pack this baby with copper mesh and have a huge 4" CM vodka/neutral tower.

P5130160.jpg

Please note I dont supply copper mesh, however I can put you onto the supplier for it (Amphora society)

Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby 1 2many » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:08 pm

Regarding initial cleaning of FSD SS rigs , do you recomend doing the usual practice of water/vinegar run followed by the sacrificial alcohol run.

Or can can you get away with just the alcohol run.

Cheers :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby MacStill » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:12 pm

I reckon if you give the plates a bit of a soak in citric acid for a few hours, then give em a bit of a clean up you're good to go for a single alcohol cleaning run.

Really everything is pretty clean from the factory, you'd probably get away with doing your cleaning run in the dishwasher :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby BackyardBrewer » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:19 pm

MacStill wrote:Really everything is pretty clean from the factory, you'd probably get away with doing your cleaning run in the dishwasher :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I gave my new FSD ss gear a hot soaping and a soak last night and ran 'em through the dishwasher - perfect!
BackyardBrewer
Site Donor

equipment: Solid Copper Love Machine (Plated column bubbler), hand made with love by a forum member
50L keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements
PURE distilling Reflux still + a tonne of homebrew gear amassed over 10 years of brewing.

Postby 1 2many » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:22 pm

MacStill wrote:I reckon if you give the plates a bit of a soak in citric acid for a few hours, then give em a bit of a clean up you're good to go for a single alcohol cleaning run.

Really everything is pretty clean from the factory, you'd probably get away with doing your cleaning run in the dishwasher :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Yes they are clean and very smooth no where realy for nasty stuff to build up, but unfortunatly my dishwasher would'nt be to thrilled :))
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby 1 2many » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:28 pm

BackyardBrewer wrote:
MacStill wrote:Really everything is pretty clean from the factory, you'd probably get away with doing your cleaning run in the dishwasher :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I gave my new FSD ss gear a hot soaping and a soak last night and ran 'em through the dishwasher - perfect!

Will you still do the alcohol run.
1 2many
Lifetime Member

Postby BackyardBrewer » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:39 pm

1 2many wrote:
BackyardBrewer wrote:

Nahh, hot soap, dishwasher run on heavy duty cycle, then a citric rinse & I'm gonna let the fores and heads do anything else. I'm regularly mocked for my beer brewing background which has given me a cleaning obsession:-)

I can't see the need after all the above to use anything other than fores and heads to clean it further.
:-)
BackyardBrewer
Site Donor

equipment: Solid Copper Love Machine (Plated column bubbler), hand made with love by a forum member
50L keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements
PURE distilling Reflux still + a tonne of homebrew gear amassed over 10 years of brewing.

Postby 1 2many » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:46 pm

BackyardBrewer wrote:
1 2many wrote:
BackyardBrewer wrote:

Nahh, hot soap, dishwasher run on heavy duty cycle, then a citric rinse & I'm gonna let the fores and heads do anything else. I'm regularly mocked for my beer brewing background which has given me a cleaning obsession:-)

I can't see the need after all the above to use anything other than fores and heads to clean it further.
:-)

Thats what i was kind of hoping i hate waisting booze , i was thinking maybe the fores and heads might do the trick but was'nt sure if it would be enough.

Cheers :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

Previous

Return to 5 Star Distilling