Yet another 50L keg boiler build for the Mac 4 SSG

Boiler, burner and boiler modification talk.

Re: Yet another 50L keg boiler build for the Mac 4 SSG

Postby Bryan1 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:01 pm

Yea all I use is a 12 volt flojet pump which is connected direct to my 5,000 gal rainwater tank then I put a return back to the tank at roof level in my shed along with a non return valve to prevent siphoning back. I bought a $10 DC controller and found I can run my bubbler on about 35% with the controller.

Cheers Bryan
Bryan1

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs

Postby Br00ksy » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:58 pm

The Stig wrote:
...But, your probably better off getting an Ozito and some sort of water storage and doing a recirc system

Hmmm when I get the bubbler in quite a few more months down the track ill give my current water setup a go and if need be ill change up. I hope not tho... $$$

Bryan1 wrote:I bought a $10 DC controller and found I can run my bubbler on about 35% with the controller.

Cheers Bryan

What do you mean by that mate? 35% element power?
Br00ksy

equipment: T500 with a basic pot still head
Located in Airlie Beach Whitsundays

Postby Bryan1 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:48 pm

Br00ksy wrote: What do you mean by that mate? 35% element power?

Na mate the DC controller is a voltage controller and I found running it on 35% gives enough flow to cool both the RC and PC. The beauty of using a DC motor is the lower the voltage the lower the flow but one does need a decent pump to start with.

Cheers Bryan
Last edited by Bryan1 on Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bryan1

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs

Previous

Return to Boilers & burners.