Pumpkin and potato wash

Sugar wash info and questions

Pumpkin and potato wash

Postby ultrasuede » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:28 pm

I had 6kg of sugar left over and no wheat left to make tffv. I did have some pumpkins and potatos that are about to turn though.

After shopping them up, seeds skins and all went in the pressure pot for half an hour.

The 6kg of sugar, a multi vitamin and a bit of DAP and the pumpkin slush went into the fermenter 22brix, 1.090sg.

Took off like a bull with its nuts bit. Fermented dry in a week and left it another week to clear.

After stripping and running through the reflux, she came out damn smooth. Lovely earthy taste also.

I was surprised that any of the flavour came over. In the past when making wine or beer, pumpkin, potatoes or any root vegetable, the flavour has been very mild.
ultrasuede

equipment: Boka 1.5 metre, 50lt keg boiler and a pot still.

Re: Pumpkin and potato wash

Postby OzDistilling » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:22 pm

ultrasuede wrote:I had 6kg of sugar left over and no wheat left to make tffv. I did have some pumpkins and potatos that are about to turn though.

After shopping them up, seeds skins and all went in the pressure pot for half an hour.

The 6kg of sugar, a multi vitamin and a bit of DAP and the pumpkin slush went into the fermenter 22brix, 1.090sg.

Took off like a bull with its nuts bit. Fermented dry in a week and left it another week to clear.

After stripping and running through the reflux, she came out damn smooth. Lovely earthy taste also.

I was surprised that any of the flavour came over. In the past when making wine or beer, pumpkin, potatoes or any root vegetable, the flavour has been very mild.

You fermented on the seeds and skin. Thats where the flavors are.
OzDistilling

equipment: Brewhaus

Return to Sugar wash's