1st try at stripping run

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Re: 1st try at stripping run

Postby MacStill » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:40 pm

Johnboy1234 wrote: just adding powdered orange juice with water to it. Yea it's not very nice tasting, but after a couple you don't care anymore.

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Once heard an old shiner friend say " never made a bad batch, some is just better than others"

I hope your financial situation improves soon enough for you to enjoy a quality drink, but there's not much any of us can do to help you if your not prepared to sacrifice the poorer parts of your runs.

You could always save just your feints for a few runs and re run them with a later batch, but to me it seems your biggest problem is your intake and the fact you cant turn pig shit into strawberry jam.

If I was in your situation (and I have been) no plastic bucket or container would be safe from a TPW wash being in it, it's amazing what you'll find if you look hard enough..... even an old chilly bin ;) will do.

It kind of makes me :puke-huge: at the thought your doing as you are..... drink the good stuff, recycle the rest... in a short time you'll be enjoying a millionaires drink on a poor mans budget.... and this is what this forum is aimed towards and is intended for ;)

As long as your enjoying your hobby and not killing yourself your doing ok :mrgreen:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby SBB » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:08 pm

Quote McStill "Once heard an old shiner friend say " never made a bad batch, some is just better than others"

Sounds to me a bit like sex......only two sorts.....good and excellent
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby Johnboy1234 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:25 pm

Well bottle 3 is good, but bottle no 6 is undrinkable, worst bottle I have ever produced, even my partner who's standards are lower than mine when it comes to drinking couldn't drink it. So I will run probably at least bottle 5 and bottle 6 thru the carbon filter and see if that fixes it, if it doesn't well I guess I have an involuntary donation to the next wash I do. I still have to try some of bottles 1 and 2, 1 could be dodgy.

I have 2 TPW washes fermenting away now, that should improve things, having the extra fermenter. I will be able to sacrifice the crap and just drink the beautiful hearts!!!! I know I will need more than 2 going to be able to acheive only drinking hearts, but it's one step at a time at the moment for me. Even if I had 10 fermenters, the sugar and yeast are the killers in my present budget, though things are looking much brighter on the horizon financially for me. I just gotta stick out the next 2 months on a paupers income. I'm used to it, being a musician, when it rains I'm rolling in it, but when it's dry, it's very dry.
Johnboy1234

equipment: Euro 30-2 25L column reflux still

Previous

Return to Beginners Questions