Pot Still Experiments.

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Pot Still Experiments.

Postby SBB » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:42 pm

After tasting Drainos Gin and making Ouzo on the weekend its really got me thinking about what could be possible using fresh herbs/ spices , fruits ect mixed with netural and then redistilled. Its pretty amazing how the different flavours come through. Im wondering what would happen if things like strawberries or mangos were macerated in netural for a time and then the resultant mix was run through a pot??...........or lemoncello without the sugar added for arguments sake. The possibilities suddenly seem endless........has anyone else here mucked around with this idea???
Im suddenly keen to try Punkins Lime Vodka recipe too.............just gotta find some cheap limes :-D
SBB
Last edited by SBB on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Re: Pot Still Experiments.

Postby stubbydrainer » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:48 pm

No
but I reckon there's something rattling around up stairs there if I know you SBB

And guess what.......you clean the still :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
stubbydrainer

equipment: 4" perf. plate bubbler,2 1/2" pot with a triple wall liebig,
Small 8L pot for experiments & Gin, 6Kw 80ltr electric boiler , P.I.D/PWM controller
1/2 share with SBB in a 3" boka,

Re: Pot Still Experiments.

Postby R-sole » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:01 am

I've done that recipe with lemonades from my tree mostly. It works good like that. Any citrus you get fro free would work i'd reckon, but the sharp ones are the best.
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Return to Beginners Questions