empty bottles

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Re: empty bottles

Postby Kimbo » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:55 pm

you bet, run it on its own and you'll have a nice grappa :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby R-sole » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:48 am

Yep. Makes good brandy.

I add wine to neutral for making Ouzo too.
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Postby crow » Thu May 03, 2012 9:43 pm

had some time to kill to town today so I took a look in 2 opp shops , bottles with stoppers were 50c to $1 , mason jars/flagons were $1 to 3 dollars depending on glazing and if they had corks . I bought them all and this place has about 10 of these joints around . Ones walking distance from here might check it tomorrow
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby Sam. » Fri May 04, 2012 12:01 am

So what about using old bourbon/whisky bottles that have plastic lids?

Is this a no no :violence-stickwhack:

Or is this OK?

Where do we draw the line? :think:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby crow » Fri May 04, 2012 1:45 am

If they're on a whiskey bottle you'd think they would have to be not to bad . The lid is normally lined and anyway is not in constant contact unless your going to store it lying down . Myself I wouldn't worry two shits about storing it in a bottle like that . I have some JD bottles like that here and if I need them I'll use them where as I wouldn't if they were plastic . My sister works for a company I'll refer to as cock , they are well aware that their containers are contaminating drinks especially orange juice , profits are up so who gives a toss . It wouldn't be the end of the world if I did IMO , just one more toxic substance reckon my body can do without . Other jokers might not give a rats I wouldn't be the one to say their wrong . I mean I smoke and I know damn well what thats doing to me :twocents-mytwocents:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Previous

Return to Beginners Questions