Ole Smokey moonshine

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Ole Smokey moonshine

Postby Wellsy » Wed May 05, 2021 7:27 pm

Hey guys went to a blues and food joint in Geelong tonight and thought I would try some old Smokey Moonshine white lightning. WOW what a fabulous surprise it was, silky smooth with no smell at all and just a hint of licorice.
What a fantastic drink, of course now I want to make it lol. Been reading up and it is 6 times distilled, of course this is probably over plates but I don’t care if I have to run it 6 times through the pot still I will happily do it as it tasted amazing.
Does anybody know what the grain base is for this one ?
I assume corn is in there but there is more to it than just corn lol
Thanks in advance
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Re: Ole Smokey moonshine

Postby FatManDancing » Wed May 19, 2021 9:31 pm

84% corn

8%rye

8% malted barley

As you know, how you mash and how you ferment will play a role

https://olesmoky.com/blogs/news/chilled-magazine-by-the-light-of-the-silvery-moon

And how you distill.... best of luck on your white dog adventures
FatManDancing
Site Donor

equipment: 35l mash tun, 35l mash tun/boiler, 50l FSD milk can boiler with one 2400w element, four inch, four plate cheapo glasser W four inch FSD reflux condenser, two inch FSD basic pot and T500

Re: Ole Smokey moonshine

Postby Wellsy » Thu May 20, 2021 5:47 am

Thanks Fat Man I now have my next recipe.

As I said I think I may have been tasting bubble plate smoothness but I will give it a try through the pot still and see how it turns out. I may need to get me that bubbler upgrade after all lol
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Return to Beginners Questions