Pure Distilling system boiler switches

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Pure Distilling system boiler switches

Postby CammoNQ » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:09 am

Hi all, newbie here with my first post. I'm just about ready to distill my wash but wondered about the boiler power level settings? The instructions from Pure Distilling say to switch on the boiler which of course is simple enough but my boiler has two switches, one for 500W and one for 1700W. I'm assuming you switch both on (2200W) to bring it up to a boil but then do you switch it back to 1700W (or even 500W?) at some point? And if so how do you gauge that point?

CammoNQ

equipment: Pure Distilling spirit maker kit

Re: Pure Distilling system boiler switches

Postby BigRig » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:56 am

CammoNQ wrote:Hi all, newbie here with my first post. I'm just about ready to distill my wash but wondered about the boiler power level settings? The instructions from Pure Distilling say to switch on the boiler which of course is simple enough but my boiler has two switches, one for 500W and one for 1700W. I'm assuming you switch both on (2200W) to bring it up to a boil but then do you switch it back to 1700W (or even 500W?) at some point? And if so how do you gauge that point?

Yep use both for heat up, when you are up to temp (you will know because the sound changes) you can back off to just the 1 element. I personally would switch off the 500w when i had it. I tried switching off and running with the 500w but it was slowww. You can always trial both options.
Last edited by BigRig on Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigRig

equipment: FSD 4" Mac SSG, 50L Milk Can, 2 x 2400w elements, 35L Digiboil Boiler, Airstill.

Re: Pure Distilling system boiler switches

Postby CammoNQ » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:27 am

Thanks for the reply, will give it a shot.

Cheers!
CammoNQ

equipment: Pure Distilling spirit maker kit

Return to Beginners Questions