T500 sugar wash second, maybe third stilling?

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Re: T500 sugar wash second, maybe third stilling?

Postby Cafe » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:14 am

RuddyCrazy wrote:Cafe why play around when you can have the real thing mate :handgestures-thumbupleft: just grab a 20 kg of barely and malt it in say 3 kg lots and do a few repeats. One can just dry the grains in an oven as the easy way and with a keg mashtun put 26 litres of water in for 10-13kg's of crushed grain and heat it to 74C chuck the grains in and wrap it up to stay warm for about an hour and a half. Let it cool a bit and let the night air cool it so in the morning you can add cold water to the ferment to get the 30C then rehydrate some yeast and go AG mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Eh it took 4 lines of text to explain how to all grain so it aint that hard to do mate. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Cheers Bryan

Sounds interesting.
My granddad many years ago back in the UK made Brandy and other spirits from scratch. Funny story when I was about 6 or 7, the teacher at school told us to write a story about a member of your family and something interesting they do... I decided my Grandad and his still would make a good story. In the UK all those years ago using a still was not only illegal but frowned upon. My parents were invited to come to the school and explian :doh: My Dad had to come up with some sort of story to explain my mistake :))
I will never forget his wash of grains and raisins when the wash was finished he emptied the end of the drum onto the lawn an we went back inside to watch the birds come in and fight over them. Then the birds would drunkly fly and sit on the fence to recover to sober up. Very fond memories :-D
Cafe

equipment: T500 Still

Previous

Return to Beginners Questions