wheat

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

wheat

Postby marbaker » Mon May 23, 2011 8:13 pm

hi folks another question for you,i can get hold of an endless surpply of wheat from a farm, can i use it on its own to make a wash if so can you tell me a recipe please,all so when you make your cuts can you recycle the heads im a bit confused on what you can recycle head or tails thank you. regards marbaker
marbaker

Re: wheat

Postby R-sole » Tue May 24, 2011 3:35 am

You can recycle all of it mate. A foreshots cut is a good idea though and you don't recycle that.

Wheat makes a fantastic mild creamy spirit. You can either do an all grain mash using a large % of malt barley, malt all your wheat and do an all wheat allgrain, do a partial mash with some sugar to boost it, or do a ujsm style ferment with wheat as the base flavour.

Depends how much time and effort you want to invest in it.

Here's how to do it the most complete way....

http://www.artisan-distiller.net/phpBB3 ... ?f=5&t=952

Here's a full mash using flour, there's no reason you couldn't use cracked and crushed wheat, just cook it for 20 mins after soaking overnight.

http://www.artisan-distiller.net/phpBB3 ... ?f=5&t=956
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Postby marbaker » Tue May 24, 2011 4:40 am

thanks for the help 5Star much appriciated. is there any video's covering how to make a mash out of wheat thanks marbaker
marbaker

Postby R-sole » Tue May 24, 2011 5:15 am

Mama Google will answer that question for you.
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Return to Beginners Questions