Fermenting volumes

Just starting out and need some advise? then post it in here.

Re: Fermenting volumes

Postby Johnboy1234 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:54 am

My God!!!!!
What have I started! LOL
Johnboy1234

equipment: Euro 30-2 25L column reflux still

Postby QLD.Andy » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:13 pm

Funny how the simplest of things are bigger than they first seem.
QLD.Andy

equipment: Still Spirits T500 with Copper Mesh
McStill made Copper Parrot
McStill made Copper Pot Still

Postby Sam. » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:06 pm

This is the best forum I have ever seen (to be honest I haven't been to big on them).

I have a billion questions regarding every step of the distillation process but there is only so much I can get from reading published articles and from the select few mates that distill as well.

It is great on here to see all the different ways everything can be done and what people are trying, I think I have learnt more in the last couple of weeks about distilling than in the last couple of years (I thought I had it down pat.... apparently not!)

Anyway back to the subject, I don't think you should ever try to rush any part of the process especially the fermentation as this is going to be the base for everything that follows it. If you are strapped for time and need product fast then there are ways to pump out the piss but at the expense of quality of course.

If fermenting is a problem I think someone else may have mentioned as well, get more fermenters!! They arn't that expensive and last a long long time, you can always go to bunnings and buy food grade buckets as well which are cheaper than the average home brew shop.
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Bourbonpig » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:16 am

Too true samandliv... Let the brew take it's course.. Don't fall in trap of doing 12 or 24hr turbos. They're nasty. Be patient, you can get some great gear if you take some time
Bourbonpig

Previous

Return to Beginners Questions