10 amp 15 amp ??

Discuss safety issues here.

Re: 10 amp 15 amp ??

Postby Brendan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:48 pm

arjovenzia wrote:
8-ball wrote:well actually no, circuits and switch gear and expecialy plugs in aus are not rated to run at full load for hours if you are running 15amp with a 15amp plug and socket its not designed to be running for hours on end its designed for time on time off so you should go to a 20 amp because it will handle it,

What? where did you pull that one from mate? thats why its given the rating. thats what its designed to handle. a 15A cct will handle 15A @25 degrees forever.

I've got to side with 8-ball on this one..A 15A plug 'might' handle 15A @ 25 degrees forever, but it will never stay at 25 degrees under full load!? :naughty:

There is a big difference between residential and industrial use for this reason.

8-ball, I've heard similar results in regards to filing down an earth pin, but never seen it myself. That would have been an interesting eye opener.
Brendan

equipment: 4.99L Essential oil extractor

Re: 10 amp 15 amp ??

Postby MacStill » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:07 pm

Why do people want to argue this topic, hasn't enough been said already ?

arjovenzia YOU seem to be antagonising in your approach here and upsetting people, if this is your intention I'm afraid your future here is going to be a short one.

We have a very happy forum here with very few arguments ever, please help us keep it that way.

Thank you for your understanding.

Topic is now closed.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Previous

Return to Safety Discussion