How much is to much

Discuss safety issues here.

Re: How much is to much

Postby NotBenStiller » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:15 pm

The amount of drink i have ebbs and flows over time
Holidaying in Japan earlier this year for 2 months i drank almost every nite - prolly didn't drink for 2 nite when we both got crook for a couple days. And it was cheap - convenience stores everywhere and my choice was chu-hai cans - 8% tall cans for ~$2.50AUD each (we also saw 700mL smirnoff bottles for ~$15AUD and baileys for ~$11AUD)

Then for a couple months after the hols I was still drinking most nites
Lately, me and my GF go thru maybe 2L of vodka a weekend - with a greater proportion of it going in my belly.
We only mix with soda water (from a soda stream) or OJ sometimes.
Mon-Tues-Wed-Thur are no drinking days again. (barring public holidays heheh )

But then, years ago during my last single phase i was drinking every nite - 6 packs of the strongest bourbon and cola pre-mix cans i could find)
I now think that drinking coke (and other flavoured/sugared/preservatived/poisoned soft drinks) that frequently is more of a health concern.

I usually get thru 1L of water at work - more on days i cycle to work.
Besides almond milk on cereal only water and vodka/soda is about all i drink.
NotBenStiller

equipment: 3" DR bok....

Postby Linno » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:24 pm

Hi Guys

My name is Linno and according to the previous posts i would be some what of an alcoholic. AFD's = 0...

i try only have a couple/few each night though, i do tend to get a bit exited some nights and have a few extras or more, specially if someone comes round to give me a hand with drinking and wants to drible some shit for the evening.

i dont drink beer anymore only whiskey and rum. i was goin through about 10ltr coke a week :o which me and my new fat guts knew is way too much so now i only get 4 ltrs and try and stretch it and when it runs out thats it - i am getting better at drinking it straight as my recipes improve. i not sure which of the 2 is worse for me, the coke or the booze. i am pretty active at work and drink water during the day and at night with dinner (gotta set the example for the kids).

These are good posts and a great topic and glad it was bought up. for my 2 cents- If booze is having a negative social impact on you or your family then there could be an issue otherwise I rekn its each to their own on how much they drink, as we already know and accept the health risks.

Cheers
Linno
Linno

equipment: FSD Mac 4 version 1 #001
4" single cap, 4 plate SS Bubbler,
400mm SS packed extension

Postby cdbrown » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:30 pm

I generally drink thurs - sunday evenings but it's normally only a few pints or a drink of scotch. Occasionally I might have a wine and that'll end up being half the bottle. Used to drink like a fish, but with two young kids demanding my attention I find it'll take about an hour or so to drink a pint and after that I can't be bothered getting another! The wife doesn't really drink so I'm finding that has had an impact on reducing how much I drink. If we have visitors then of course there will be more consumed, but again it's usually beer seeing as though I've normally got 3 or so types of beer on tap in the bar.
cdbrown

equipment: 50L keg with McStill pot head, 3-ring burner on MP adj reg (upgrading to italian spiral)
McStill Copper Parrot
3v 50L brew rig with HERMS for 42L homebrew batches

Postby stilly_bugger » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:14 pm

McStill wrote:...it goes up ya dick sometimes twice and while your awake too.

I had the ol' camera up the eye when I was 8 years old. I can still remember it, sitting upright on the edge of a hospital bed while a nurse (female) held my pecker and the doc forced what seemed like a rolling pin up the eye. :laughing-rolling: Had something wrong with my liver. Had been pissing blood for some time. I'm guessing it wasn't from alcohol abuse at that age, unless the old lady was slipping me a few to keep me under control.

Anyway, this is a worthwhile topic. One of the biggest things to overcome when you get into this hobby is the sheer volume of cheap piss you have on hand. When you're spending $1 instead of $40+ on a bottle of spirits your approach to drinking the stuff tends to change. A big night becomes a BIG NIGHT. That's why I reckon the quicker you get to the stage where you just want to produce high quality stuff, not massive quantities of stuff, the better. I'm not there yet.

:twocents-mytwocents:
stilly_bugger

equipment: simple pot with worm on an electric boiler.

Previous

Return to Safety Discussion