Distillation Danger - YouTube Video

Discuss safety issues here.

Distillation Danger - YouTube Video

Postby audistiller » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:41 pm

During my recent 2 day binge on YouTube watching heaps of distilling videos, I came across this one and thought it would be a good idea to share it. I don't think the point can be stressed enough especially for the new people getting into this hobby. Getting complacent is something we all do at some point, but the reality is anything could happen when you least expect it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=LP0Na ... detailpage
audistiller

equipment: 2x 30L Fermenters
T500 Reflux Still with a spare Reflux Column

Re: Distillation Danger - YouTube Video

Postby Goldie » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:01 am

Safety first everyone and that guy needs a haircut!
Goldie

equipment: 4" four perf plate column on a 100lt SS boiler, 2" Pot Still on 50lt keg boiler

Postby Sam. » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:52 pm

Couple of points:

1. If I am filling my car is Brazil I will be taking in more than the car :laughing-rolling:

2. Obviously the fuck heads that blew themselves up were idiots. From a quick guess, had a fuck up on the cooling side or a massive leak somewhere. :violence-smack:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby drunkmore » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:39 pm

Wow look out for some of the comments after that tube ... Methanol is poison :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
Good tube
sam_and_liv wrote:Couple of points:

1. If I am filling my car is Brazil I will be taking in more than the car :laughing-rolling:

2. Obviously the fuck heads that blew themselves up were idiots. From a quick guess, had a fuck up on the cooling side or a massive leak somewhere. :violence-smack:
Ii need to install a toilet in my garage :laughing-rolling: so when I have a massive leak ....I can keep an eye on my still
drunkmore

equipment: Pda1 over a 50ltr Keg cooled via recirculated 2000 ltr water tank
Cookan with Gass

Postby 1 2many » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:55 pm

drunkmore wrote:Wow look out for some of the comments after that tube ... Methanol is poison :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
Good tube
sam_and_liv wrote:Couple of points:

Ii need to install a toilet in my garage :laughing-rolling: so when I have a massive leak ....I can keep an eye on my still

As i understand it Methanol is a poison you don't want to drink that stuff. Ethanol is what we are after

Cheers :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby drunkmore » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:17 pm

1 2many they state it as if that's all that comes out a stil
Shock and aw. Shock and aw
:scared-eek: Dosent moonshine make you blind???
It's just funny same ole thing
:scared-eek: carefull doing that stills explode don't they???
Gee this whiskey is real nice neighbour :scared-eek: moonshine can kill you ya know???
Same ole same ole
drunkmore

equipment: Pda1 over a 50ltr Keg cooled via recirculated 2000 ltr water tank
Cookan with Gass

Return to Safety Discussion