'Thai Terror' Green Curry Vodka

All flavoring discussions go here.

'Thai Terror' Green Curry Vodka

Postby Choice Bro » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:03 am

Hi all :smile:

I found a tried and tested recipe on a US site that I have been playing around with and I thought I would share as it is WICKED!
It is originally called Thai Terror and this is just my version of experimenting with the original recipe.

Ingredients - fresher the better
Juice of 5 fresh Limes (if the skin is green then peel this off and include as it will help with the colouring but use a peeler to avoid the white stuff which is bitter)
Bunch of fresh Coriander - I chopped some up to get the flavours out and the rest left whole to aid in colouring.
3 Tablespoons of fresh grated ginger.
5 Very hot fresh Chillies - this is to taste so go by what you like. The 'burn' is more in the gut than the mouth but will hang on your lips if shotted.
1 fresh Lemon Grass stalk smashed and chopped.
2L of Vodka/Neutral - 50 - 65% depending on what you are after, I used 50%ABV.

Macerate all the ingredients in the vodka for approx 24hrs or until you are happy with the taste and colour.
Filter through cotton wool for a nice fresh green spirit :mrgreen:
(You may find the very last part hard to filter due to sediment from the fruit - do not waste your time with it and throw it into a cocktail :handgestures-thumbupleft: )

This is great as a shot and has a wicked kick.
Also great for Bloody Mary's , Mojito's and many other cocktails. It even works well with Coke giving it a nice spice edge and a beautiful Lime flavour.

Enjoy :teasing-tease:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Choice Bro

equipment: 25L T500 Style Copper Reflux with exchangable Copper Pot Condenser and exchangable elements ;)
38L Wort Boiler, 35L Mash Tun & Copper Immersion Chiller for all grain beer.

Re: 'Thai Terror' Green Curry Vodka

Postby Camikaze » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:54 am

Very interesting mate. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I was waiting for the part where you mention 300gm of thinly sliced chicken breast..... :puke-huge:
Camikaze

equipment: The 'Lamb-cannon' 4" stainless modular hybrid on a keg, shottie-cooled with 185,000 btu up its arse

Postby Choice Bro » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:56 am

You will discover the chicken when you ask your mates to have a shot ;-)
Choice Bro

equipment: 25L T500 Style Copper Reflux with exchangable Copper Pot Condenser and exchangable elements ;)
38L Wort Boiler, 35L Mash Tun & Copper Immersion Chiller for all grain beer.

Postby Camikaze » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:46 am

:laughing-rolling:
Camikaze

equipment: The 'Lamb-cannon' 4" stainless modular hybrid on a keg, shottie-cooled with 185,000 btu up its arse

Return to Flavoring