Parrot Problem

Parrots beaks, valves, condensers, and all other hardware for stilling.

Re: Parrot Problem

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:24 pm

hjubm2 wrote:Anyone know where I can get a (preferably) copper 2" centering ring or of a decent fabricator/welder that can make one for me? I can't seem to be able to locate one that will work woth my still atm.

Cheers

So from what I can take of this question what you want is a frustum and they are just too easy to make :handgestures-thumbupleft: there is a thread on this forum that shows just how to make them but if you think it's beyond you I'm just down the hill and Sunday is my only day off so come on down and between us we can sort out your issue.

Now as it has been said the shop doesn't carry the item in copper I'm sure it would be OK for me to help out this member.

Anyway tomorrow mornings job is putting the gloves on and processing the Manzano Chillis and for the first batch of this plant only a 5 litre ferment will be done, so I can show you my method of doing fruit etc.

Just sing out mate if you want to do this as I am happy to have you here to sort out your problem.

Cheers Bryan

Edit: Speeling
Last edited by RuddyCrazy on Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby hjubm2 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:46 am

Thanks everyone for your help/ideas. I ended up having Bryan help me solder some breather pipes onto the parrot. I tested it out the other day and it appears to have fixed my problem as I was able to strip the wash at about 6L/hr with no problems.

hjubm2

equipment: 130L Jacketed Boiler w 4" Pot Still, 4" Glass Bubbler

Postby The Stig » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:49 am

Looks like a Viking helmet now :laughing-rolling:
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Previous

Return to Accessories