Screw you HBS, TPW's are on their way

This area is for recipes that are not yet proven, use this area for experiments, recipe research and development of your own variations. Once a recipe is accepted as being good by the consensus it will be moved to the proven section.

Screw you HBS, TPW's are on their way

Postby Classified » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:20 pm

Hey guys, threw on my first TPW, today and cant wait for it to ferment, and run it through the still.

I screwed up though i bought two 60l bins to use as 50l fermenters but i think they are lies!!!!!!!!

I put in my 20l hot water dissolved 9kg of sugar, put in about 400-420g of leggos NAS tom paste, and my 1/2 tsp of citric with a pinch of epsoms, and as i was adding the cold water got to 36l, i realised that i am not getting anywhere near 50l in here, prob not even 40l!!!!

So i stopped stirred thoroughly and split it in half and continued to add the water to each bin to 25l each.

Waited for the 33 deg wash to drop to 30 and pitched my 80g bakers yeast into each, and both have an SG of 1.08 so just hopping that i didnt F it all up. See how we go though.

I wanted to do two double batches but that wasnt going to happen, i think i will just get a 120l fermenter and be done with smaller ones.

Really cant wait for it to get into my still, hopefully one run will give me a great result if not i guess i could pull my packing from my boka and use it like a pot for stripping.
Classified

equipment: Super Reflux

Re: Screw you HBS, TPW's are on their way

Postby Modernity » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:20 pm

if you think your going to jump into 120ltr check these guys out

at 100ltr this Rotomould one is about $300 if i remember right (delivered to NSW). :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Not as good as McStill's new stainless tanks, but we aren"t all the luckiest pr**k to find them forsale cheap two minutes after we move into a new town :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Modernity

equipment: I am currently refurbishing a 150 ltr mush tun.
Currently building a 150 ltr oil heated pot still, with 8" copper column.

Re: Screw you HBS, TPW's are on their way

Postby Cane Toad » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:04 pm

Hey Clas,grab the yellow pages and look up drum recycling,I got 4 200l food grade drums and a dozen 20l plastic buckets with lids in Brisvegas and all up it only cost me under $200
Cheers
BD
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Return to Recipe Development