Nutrigrain Wash Discussion Thread

This area is for recipes that are not yet proven, use this area for experiments, recipe research and development of your own variations. Once a recipe is accepted as being good by the consensus it will be moved to the proven section.

Re: Nutrigrain Wash Discussion Thread

Postby FilthyPhil » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:16 pm

I'm slowly getting there.
After 2 weeks it's down to 1.004 but still bubbling away. Is that orange stuff floating around normal?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FilthyPhil

equipment: I have built a 50l keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements & a 2" copper pot still with shotgun condenser.

Postby Wellsy » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:16 am

It was on mine mate, I put it down to some sort of food colouring but that was just a wild guess.
I did not grind mine up, they just went in whole. The nutrigrain turned almost white, like a wet rice bubble, hence my guess on the food colouring
Wellsy
Site Donor

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby FilthyPhil » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:21 am

Wellsy wrote:It was on mine mate, I put it down to some sort of food colouring but that was just a wild guess.
I did not grind mine up, they just went in whole. The nutrigrain turned almost white, like a wet rice bubble, hence my guess on the food colouring

Ok, thanks Wellsy. I thought it may have been some sort of infection or something.
I crushed mine in a blender but it probably doesn't make any difference.
FilthyPhil

equipment: I have built a 50l keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements & a 2" copper pot still with shotgun condenser.

Previous

Return to Recipe Development