Easy Weetbix / All Bran Wash Recipe Discussion

This area is for recipes that are not yet proven, use this area for experiments, recipe research and development of your own variations. Once a recipe is accepted as being good by the consensus it will be moved to the proven section.

Easy Weetbix / All Bran Wash Recipe Discussion

Postby MacStill » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:43 pm

Mate that is awesome, you put some effort into that.

Now for the serious part: edit your post so it's your recipe :mrgreen:

Rad's a good guy I think, but how could he know what a weetbix is? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BGTWB is the new name of this recipe :mrgreen:

This thread has been started for any one wishing to discuss the making of Easy Wheatbix /All Bran Wash (WBAB). The original Tried and Proven recipe can be found in the Tried and Proven section of the forum or by clicking HERE
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Re: easy weetbix / all bran wash

Postby bradsgonetrekkin » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:37 pm

All good McStill, I'm a bit too bashful to take the cred for this one.

Just hope people get a chance to experiment a bit and realise that most home brew / still shops will only tell people what they want to hear to make sure they can keep selling the turbos, dextrose etc...Same as the commercial versions of the stills most of us got duped into buying before we realised these types of forums were out there! There are heaps of options out there that will work, just keep an open mind, do your research, bounce your ideas off fellow hobbyists and have a go!!
bradsgonetrekkin

equipment: 18 gallon (80litre) ss keg boiler with 2400w and 1200w elements
65-50-35-19mm copper pot head/ stripper
2m high 65-50mm copper vapour management column with cross flow condensor head
630mm long 3/4 over 1/2 inch leibig and 32mm outer, 1/2 inch inner 'double barrel' interchangable condensors

Postby fields » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:56 pm

I was just after a little confirmation on the recipe - it calls for adding the weetbix / allbran; both are listed in the ingredients,

It is saying that you can use the weetbix or allbran or you need to add both?

Does it work with home brand / generic weetbix or brand name only?

Cheers
fields

equipment: 50L 2" Boka LM Reflux Still
looking to get rid of:
5L super reflux still
25 L CM still

Postby R-sole » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:52 pm

McStill wrote:Mate that is awesome, you put some effort into that.

Rad's a good guy I think, but how could he know what a weetbix is? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're fukin kidding right? :roll: :roll:
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Postby busman » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:39 pm

Rad's an asshole. He answers almost every thread by a new person with "do a search and read the rules, you dickhead", or some such. My favourite of his, to a first-time poster (no, it wasn't me) who asked a fairly innocent question about whether an idea he had would work - "There isn't a member here who is going to endorse your ghetto hooch making concepts". Verbatim :shock: . And then he locked the thread.

Sorry to hijack this thread though. As you were :mrgreen:
busman

equipment: 2" VM column, 2" pot still, 55L keg boiler

Postby MacStill » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:13 pm

5Star wrote:
McStill wrote:Mate that is awesome, you put some effort into that.

You're fukin kidding right? :roll: :roll:

I only said that because he's your wife :mrgreen:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby R-sole » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:25 am

If you were a fisherman you could call that first cast :oops: :oops:
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Postby bradsgonetrekkin » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:07 am

"I was just after a little confirmation on the recipe - it calls for adding the weetbix / allbran; both are listed in the ingredients,

It is saying that you can use the weetbix or allbran or you need to add both?

Does it work with home brand / generic weetbix or brand name only?"

Hi fields. I ended up using both cereals as listed in the recipe with good success. You could use either one on their own though. Name brands or generic, its up to you. If you don't have a brew heater in the cooler months I'd probably drop the sugar down to around 4kg per batch too to speed up fermentation times.
bradsgonetrekkin

630mm long 3/4 over 1/2 inch leibig and 32mm outer, 1/2 inch inner 'double barrel' interchangable condensors

Postby fields » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:35 pm

Thanks, i'm going to give it a try with weetbix only and see how it goes
fields

equipment: 50L 2" Boka LM Reflux Still
looking to get rid of:
5L super reflux still
25 L CM still

Postby DeeJae » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:09 am

I had a go at this recipe but changed it a little bit to suite what I had available .

8 weetbix , 3 cups be natural 5 grain cereal , 1/4 cup honey , 100g wheat germ with 5kg raw sugar. Cooked for 30 mins then mixed up to 30l with tap water . Pitched 100g bakers yeast and 1teaspoon Epsom salt . It smells awesome and took off real fast !
DeeJae

equipment: All Copper 4 Plate Bubbler ( built by mcstill )
Keg boiler

Postby bradsgonetrekkin » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:07 am

let us know how it goes DJ
bradsgonetrekkin

Postby kiwikeg » Sat May 05, 2012 7:36 pm

I did a similer recipe with 20 weetbix +500gm golden syrup +3 kg brown sugar. ran it through a duplast still that has column packed with ceramics, turned out really nice.
kiwikeg

equipment: Fsd bubbler

Postby kiwikeg » Sat May 05, 2012 10:53 pm

kiwikeg wrote:I did a similer recipe with 20 weetbix +500gm golden syrup +3 kg brown sugar. ran it through a duplast still that has column packed with ceramics, turned out really nice.

Ha ha a duplast still is plastic- YES plastic there I said it PLastic plastic plastic i dont even know the MSDS for the PLASTICS in that still oh god that feels good i am out of the HD closet one of my best stills is a plastic still, and by the way it aint ceramics in the column its gravel off the driveway, but by some random freak of chemistry if i want carry over of subtle flavours thats the still that gets charged up... :teasing-neener: :teasing-neener: :teasing-neener: HD plastic plastic plastic Thanks for the advice HD but My Ozzie sons of Convict Hoes are my new online brew buddies now.....plastic plastic plastic after i take a shower i am gonna put down a Turbo+8kg of dextrose then clear it with turbo clear and borrow an airstill to run it then carbon filter it, add vodka essence and store it in a plastic bottle and serve it to my dear mother in law........
OMG why dont they fit breathalysers to key boards..... told ya weetbix+gold syrup+brown sugar=good.... :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: BTW the hottest cartoon Chick :character-ariel: Rant over
kiwikeg

equipment: Fsd bubbler

Postby MacStill » Sat May 05, 2012 10:57 pm

kiwikeg wrote:
kiwikeg wrote:I did a similer recipe with 20 weetbix +500gm golden syrup +3 kg brown sugar. ran it through a duplast still that has column packed with ceramics, turned out really nice.

Ha ha a duplast still is plastic- YES plastic there I said it PLastic plastic plastic i dont even know the MSDS for the PLASTICS in that still oh god that feels good i am out of the HD closet one of my best stills is a plastic still, and by the way it aint ceramics in the column its gravel off the driveway, but by some random freak of chemistry if i want carry over of subtle flavours thats the still that gets charged up... :teasing-neener: :teasing-neener: :teasing-neener: HD plastic plastic plastic Thanks for the advice HD but My Ozzie sons of Convict Hoes are my new online brew buddies now.....plastic plastic plastic after i take a shower i am gonna put down a Turbo+8kg of dextrose then clear it with turbo clear and borrow an airstill to run it then carbon filter it, add vodka essence and store it in a plastic bottle and serve it to my dear mother in law........
OMG why dont they fit breathalysers to key boards..... told ya weetbix+gold syrup+brown sugar=good.... :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: BTW the hottest cartoon Chick :character-ariel: Rant over

:o

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :text-lol: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby Kimbo » Sat May 05, 2012 11:01 pm

Holy Snapping duck shit Batman!
That's the best "Coming Out" I've ever seen :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby Panda » Sun May 06, 2012 9:51 am

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!
Panda

equipment: T500 & CM with pot head.

Postby Cane Toad » Sun May 06, 2012 2:51 pm

All right Kiwi :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: If you're gunna serve it to the mother in law,can I reserve a couple of bottles for the same reason :handgestures-thumbupleft: Don't worry about doing cuts with mine,bust the first two bottles off the run will do nicely,foreshots and heads :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :laughing-rolling:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby audistiller » Sun May 06, 2012 8:44 pm

Kimbo wrote:Holy Snapping duck shit Batman!
That's the best "Coming Out" I've ever seen

Not as good as the one with you and Don coming out of the closet. :laughing-rolling:
audistiller

equipment: 2x 30L Fermenters
T500 Reflux Still with a spare Reflux Column

Postby MacStill » Sun May 06, 2012 8:50 pm

audistiller wrote:
Kimbo wrote:Holy Snapping duck shit Batman!
That's the best "Coming Out" I've ever seen

Not as good as the one with you and Don coming out of the closet. :laughing-rolling:

Yes that certainly is a special moment for all on this forum to remember :D
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby Kimbo » Sun May 06, 2012 8:52 pm

He cant help but think i'm HOT!
He's only human :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Next