Easy Weetbix / All Bran Wash Recipe Discussion

This area is for recipes that are not yet proven, use this area for experiments, recipe research and development of your own variations. Once a recipe is accepted as being good by the consensus it will be moved to the proven section.

Re: easy weetbix / all bran wash

Postby bt1 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:11 am

careful vat,

don't give all those TPW users too much of a hint..we'll empty the shelves of weetbix otherwise.

Glad to here you like it...agree best bang for buck taste sugar based wash there is imho.

bt1
bt1

equipment: 2 x Glass Bubblers, 5 plate 89mm & 6 plate 110mm
4" 6 plate copper bubbler, 500mm copper packed section
Several pots, custom boiler
14 keg rotating brew setup, fermentation & dispenser fridges.

Postby Aussiedownunder01 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:38 am

To late the secret is out I got 70 litres bubbling with ec1118 at the moment :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Aussiedownunder01

Location: So close to melbourne airport you can hear the plains
equipment: 100 litre boiler with a 4 in 5 plate bubbler on top with a 500 packed section standing by if needed

Postby Vatoe » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:39 am

I'm done with TPW. This wash is definitely the go. I wouldn't thought there would be that much of a difference :teasing-tease:
Stocking up on weetbix and allbran just in case of shortages :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Vatoe

equipment: Pure distilling spirit maker

Postby Vatoe » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:41 am

Aussiedownunder01 wrote:To late the secret is out I got 70 litres bubbling with ec1118 at the moment :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Where do you get the ec1118 from?
Vatoe

Postby Aussiedownunder01 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:33 am

Vatoe wrote:
Aussiedownunder01 wrote:To late the secret is out I got 70 litres bubbling with ec1118 at the moment :handgestures-thumbupleft:

A mob called wine quip in Melbourne that's where dock gets his from $28.00 for 500 grams
Aussiedownunder01

Location: So close to melbourne airport you can hear the plains
equipment: 100 litre boiler with a 4 in 5 plate bubbler on top with a 500 packed section standing by if needed

Postby Vatoe » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:37 am

Aussiedownunder01 wrote:
Vatoe wrote:

A mob called wine quip in Melbourne that's where dock gets his from $28.00 for 500 grams

Cheers.
Vatoe

Postby wynnum1 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:14 am

Turbo yeast like vodka star would use a similar yeast with nutrient .Making a yeast starter with a small amount is possible.
wynnum1

Postby Muppet » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:45 pm

Is anyone running the weetbix/allbran wash through their 4 plate bubblers? Mine seems quite neutral though it is still very young. On oak atm will see how it develops.
Muppet

equipment: T500, 4" 4 plate copper bubbler ;)

Postby Brendan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:16 pm

Muppet wrote:Is anyone running the weetbix/allbran wash through their 4 plate bubblers? Mine seems quite neutral though it is still very young. On oak atm will see how it develops.

Yeah I have mate, and found it to be quite neutral too. Next time, I will give it a go with 3 plates and run it a bit harder.

For now, I'm going to all grain to get the flavours I desire :D
Brendan

equipment: 4.99L Essential oil extractor

Postby JayD » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:41 pm

Brendan wrote:
Muppet wrote:Is anyone running the weetbix/allbran wash through their 4 plate bubblers? Mine seems quite neutral though it is still very young. On oak atm will see how it develops.

Yeah I have mate, and found it to be quite neutral too. Next time, I will give it a go with 3 plates and run it a bit harder.

Douldle up on the ingredients and add a can of liquid malt of two from woolies, it boosts the flavour right up there...
JayD

equipment: JayD's Copper Worx

Postby Muppet » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:54 pm

JayD wrote:
Brendan wrote:

Douldle up on the ingredients and add a can of liquid malt of two from woolies, it boosts the flavour right up there...

Sounds like a good plan ill try that. Have some caramalt sitting around. Thanks JayD :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Muppet

Postby Brendan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:23 pm

JayD wrote:
Brendan wrote:

I did that too...make sure you don't run it too slow or you'll lose a lot of the flavour you've worked hard for.
Brendan

Postby Muppet » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:41 pm

Cheers brendan
Muppet

Postby wynnum1 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:30 am

Have you tasted the weetbix wash has possibilities adding flavor have tasted worst beer and goon.
wynnum1

Postby Vatoe » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:55 pm

It's official. After extensive market research (well 8 people of various age groups) I can make vodka (this weetbix/bran wash) that is picked over Grey Goose vodka in blind tests so far all the time :teasing-neener: 100% success rate :laughing-rolling:
Vatoe

Postby Woodsy71 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi Guys,

Im looking for a vodka, so is this recipe best run through a reflux, or through the potstill?

Cheers
Woodsy71

equipment: CM and a Pot

Postby Vatoe » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:37 pm

Woodsy71 wrote:Hi Guys,

Im looking for a vodka, so is this recipe best run through a reflux, or through the potstill?

Cheers

Definitely reflux it...
Vatoe

Postby Brendan » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:04 pm

Vatoe wrote:It's official. After extensive market research (well 8 people of various age groups) I can make vodka (this weetbix/bran wash) that is picked over Grey Goose vodka in blind tests so far all the time :teasing-neener: 100% success rate :laughing-rolling:

It's a great feeling isn't it?! I know some people who think they make the world's best spirits...but no one else thinks so :laughing-rolling:

When everyone picks yours in a blind taste test, you know you've nailed it.

I'm quite often against Smirnoff and Absolut, which let's face it, isn't much of a challenge, but Grey Goose is a good achievement. Only problem is, I would have to BUY :o a bottle of it for comparison :-D
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:07 pm

Vatoe wrote:
Woodsy71 wrote:Hi Guys,

Cheers

Definitely reflux it...

Without a doubt :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Best vodka wash going.
Brendan

Postby Mr Four Square » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:39 pm

Just double stilled 12 litres of AB/WB through the reflux after I pot stripped it to 50% ABV. Tastes bloody beautiful. Just what I have been looking for - a clean smooth vodka. Even the tails smell good. If I'm this impressed after 3 days what would it be like if I let it lie for a few weeks! This one was 50/50 All Bran and Weetbix. How have people doing Weetbix only found the wash and the taste ?
Mr Four Square

equipment: T500 Boiler 2"pot head + reflux

PreviousNext

Return to Recipe Development