Distiller

This area is for topics only related to home brew shop products for distilling, a place for the novice to use as a safe haven from the anti brew shop brigade.

Distiller

Postby Apmata » Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:27 pm

Hi all what is the difference between distilling heads copper or stainless steel ? With metal mesh inside or ceramic stones ? And which is better ? Thank you
Apmata

equipment: T500 still spirits

Re: Distiller

Postby Wellsy » Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:06 pm

Hey apmata
Why not pop into the welcome centre and introduce yourself. If you let us know what you are trying to do your question might make more sense to someone mate. I can’t give you an answer because I don’t really know what you are asking
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Re: Distiller

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:57 pm

Where I can agree with Wellsy

Just pop in the introduction center first :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Now if you distill in SS still all the sulfides will go thru and the output will taste like petrol :puke-huge:

Copper does need to be in the vapour path to remove them so with any still copper does need to be there

Cheers Bryan
Last edited by RuddyCrazy on Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Return to Distillation for beginners using HBS products