Redistilling Turbo

This area is for topics only related to home brew shop products for distilling, a place for the novice to use as a safe haven from the anti brew shop brigade.

Redistilling Turbo

Postby LachlanH14 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:28 pm

So I've done a couple of runs of Turbo Yeast through Alcoengine reflux still. The first was great. I then started reading everything about Turbo being bad but decided to go again as the first run went well. The second run was not good.

I am putting on my first TPW tomorrow.

But, I have about 3L of spirit from my last Turbo run. If I redistill this will it clean up the spirit at all? Or is it a bin job?
LachlanH14

equipment: beginner

Re: Redistilling Turbo

Postby hgwells » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:37 am

LachlanH14 wrote:So I've done a couple of runs of Turbo Yeast through Alcoengine reflux still. The first was great. I then started reading everything about Turbo being bad but decided to go again as the first run went well. The second run was not good.

I am putting on my first TPW tomorrow.

But, I have about 3L of spirit from my last Turbo run. If I redistill this will it clean up the spirit at all? Or is it a bin job?

Use it to clean your windows, about all its good for. Turbo Yeast is terrible.
Last edited by hgwells on Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
hgwells
Site Donor

equipment: FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
60L Milkcan Boiler
100L 5 Star Boiler
3x 2400 Elements
1x 3600 Element
Turbo-500

Postby Hepcat » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:29 am

I have found that if you grab a couple of handfulls of mint and some rosemary then add them into your turbo wash let it soak for a month then distill, then the turbo tast is a little bit better
Hepcat

equipment: Home made column

Postby Brendan » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:59 pm

LachlanH14 wrote:If I redistill this will it clean up the spirit at all? Or is it a bin job?

It's never going to be very good...

If you're worried about the expense/time put into it, try and clean it up and use it for experiments and play around, see what you learn etc.

Good luck :smile:
Brendan

equipment: 4.99L Essential oil extractor

Return to Distillation for beginners using HBS products