My first build...

This area is to be used for submitting plans, referencing and conversations related to building stills and accessories.

Re: My first build...

Postby chipboy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:26 pm

And get onto flea bay where citric is cheap, I am lusting over 1 kg of it for less than $20.
chipboy

equipment: home made reflux column

Postby Rumblepants » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:07 am

Sam. wrote:
5% Citric acid solution in hot water will do the trick

Thanks heaps!
Rumblepants

equipment: Air still (soon to be replaced)

Postby Stryda » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:01 pm

Hey Rumblepants, sorry mate I haven’t been on here in a while but what Sam said, 5% should do it, I didn’t really measure it out when I did it but it would of been at least 5%. I looked around and ended up finding it at The Source Bulk Foods for about $6 per kilo. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Stryda

equipment: 50ltr keg boiler with 2 x 2400watt FSD elements.
Modular 2” CCVM and 2” Pot Still.

Postby Stryda » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:06 pm

WhiskeySour wrote:I'm also building something similar, it seems Lesgold has inspired a few of us!
Reading this post has given me a kick in the arse to get mine finished, hit a brick wall on 1/4in for my easy flanges and the condenser coil. Going to have to do some digging

Hey Whiskey, did you find any 1/4inch yet? I got a coil off eBay for a good price, I’ll see if I can find the link and pm it to you if you want?
Stryda

equipment: 50ltr keg boiler with 2 x 2400watt FSD elements.
Modular 2” CCVM and 2” Pot Still.

Postby WhiskeySour » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:59 am

G'day Stryda. Thanks for the offer, I ended up finding a Tradelink that would cut and sell by the metre so I didn't have to buy the full 30m roll. He gave me trade price too so it worked out reasonable, although still probably the most expensive part of my build!
Got enough to make all my easy flanges and have about 3.5m left for the coil which I am yet to make (have just been running cfw in pot mode for now)
WhiskeySour

equipment: 50L 2200W keg boiler
2" copper pot still

Previous

Return to Hardware Research & Development