Copper wire

This area is to be used for submitting plans, referencing and conversations related to building stills and accessories.

Copper wire

Postby res » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:01 am

So I use copper wire in a couple of ways but I have just half remembered something I read once about that not always being entirely safe. I use it in my ageing vessels to either suspend my oak or cut up and jammed in a thin piece of copper tube I bubble air through to help disperse the air in smaller bubbles. The wire is standard power cord or telephone line, all well washed in citric acid and water.
Any ideas lads? :think:
res

equipment: Custom 4", 5 plate FSD bubbler, 600mm packed section.
50lt keg boiler with 2x 2400w elements
5lt copper pot still

Re: Copper wire

Postby baysidebogan » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:17 pm

Just rang a mate who works with telecommunication lines etc to make sure, he said its all just normal copper wiring. Perfectly safe to use Res, :handgestures-thumbupleft:
baysidebogan

equipment: 2 inch JayD copper pot,50l keg 2400 mac element, and a 19lt pot still with thumper that sits on the stove in the kitchen

Re: Copper wire

Postby res » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:19 am

baysidebogan wrote:Just rang a mate who works with telecommunication lines etc to make sure, he said its all just normal copper wiring. Perfectly safe to use Res, :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Cheers mate. 8-)
res

equipment: Custom 4", 5 plate FSD bubbler, 600mm packed section.
50lt keg boiler with 2x 2400w elements
5lt copper pot still

Return to Hardware Research & Development