LM/VM still designs or plans

This area is to be used for submitting plans, referencing and conversations related to building stills and accessories.

LM/VM still designs or plans

Postby Lonzo » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:16 am

Hi all, I'm very new to this site and feel like a pig in shit, the site's fantastic, i've been a budding booze producer for a couple of months with a LM still i had made and sat dormant for around 5 years, i thought it was the bees knees until now :( (seems what i have is a very outdated design and not that desirable) ... hoping someone out there can help out with some plans for an LM or VM still, i currently run a 2" column with the cooling water flowing through the column to the condenser back out through the column.

Thanks
Lonzo

equipment: 25ltr pot with 2" reflux column

Re: LM/VM still designs or plans

Postby busman » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:40 am

Hi Lonzo, and welcome to the forum. Here's the plans I used to build my VM. the column itself was very easy to build, I had a bit of trouble with the liebig, but that's cause I can't solder for shit :lol:

Cheers, and keep us posted

file.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
busman

equipment: 2" VM column, 2" pot still, 55L keg boiler

Postby crozdog » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:36 pm

have a look at this design I made a while back for a combo 2" pot & vm column. All parts were available over the counter in my local plumbing supplies

notes
1. i ended up removing the "reflux centering funnels"
2. i also fitted a 90* on 1 end of the liebig & a 45* on the other end (not shown)
3. I need to re-do this diagram and use 1" for the parrot up pipe (#33 on the diag) as the alcometer gets pushed out
4. you can replace the 2' threaded joiners with flanges & triclover fittings if you wish

not shown is the reflux coil or column packing

i ended up NOT using it as a combo as it was only a couple extra fittings & an hour or so in the shed to make a dedicated pot head that this liebig connects to.

hope it helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crozdog

equipment: 2" Bok
2" VM
2" pot
50l modified laundry copper for a boiler

Postby Brigand » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:35 pm

I have a VM 5Star knocked up for me

See here viewtopic.php?f=33&t=311

You may be able to draw some inspiration

Cheers
Brigand