Fridge Fermenter Box

This area is to be used for submitting plans, referencing and conversations related to building stills and accessories.

Fridge Fermenter Box

Postby CaptainRedBeard » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:12 am

I hope this is the right place to post this.

Just wanted to show you my fermenter fridge, using a light globe as a heat source(covered with a Coffee tin), the fridge as a fridge, and the thermometer mounted on the inside of the fridge wall, with all components connected to a temperature controller mounted on top.

So this is my heat source. Nothing too flash or technical. Just your standard Bayonet Light Fitting, 60W Globe, and the Wonderful Nescafe Blend 43 Tin.
I used 1m Extension cable from Bunning(only like $4 or something real cheap) as the electrical wiring.

The Thermometer probe was just mounted fairly loosely on the internal wall. The probe came with the Temperature Controller. I haven't bothered to silicon up any of the holes i made during the drilling process. I haven't found the need to do so...yet. It keeps the ambient temperature right where I want it with not much trouble.

My Temp. Controller is all wired up inside this Heavy Duty Plastic tub I bought from Bunnings for around $10. Threw on top some GPO's so If need be, I can isolate either the fridge or the light, but still have my temperature controller on so that i don't lose my settings.

Image[/URL]

So this is the final product. Holds 1 30L Fermenter Nice and Snug. I've added an additional shelf in to handle the weight. It's an ugly looking unit, but the ol' Kelvinator hasn't missed a beat.
CaptainRedBeard

equipment: 2" SS Column Reflux Keg Still
2" Copper Pot Still w shotgun condenser
Kelvinator Fridge Fermenter

Re: Fridge Fermenter Box

Postby Zak Griffin » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:04 am

Good stuff mate, great write up :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

equipment: "The Heart of Gold" - 4" Bubbler - finally bubbling!
"Zaphod" - 3" Pot - retired
"Agrajag" - 6" Bubbler - midlife crisis build?

Return to Hardware Research & Development