The Rum and Wifey don't mix.

Say Hi and introduce yourself

The Rum and Wifey don't mix.

Postby DrunkAgain » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:19 pm

Hi all, Wifey was keen on a trip to the hardware and feed store on Saturday morning as she had it in mind that I would do some work around the place. Well I didn't mind this idea of hers as I knew I could get a 25 kg bucket of molasses's from the feed store and I am always keen on a drink. I got home and started boiling up the water and getting everything ready and put the 150 ltr plastic drum I was planning on using as my fermenter in the corner of the lounge room to keep it warm. Its cold outside this time of year. Well my wife went of her head and said there was no way in hell I was dragging that thing into the house. I offered to dress it up a bit with a doily and a lamp but this just seemed to enrage her even more. She even went as far as accusing me of turning the house into a man cave that was unfair as when she complained about me parking the lawnmower inside I drove it straight back out the door. Anyway I stood my ground and told her what I really thought and the end result was me dragging the drum back outside and having to sleep on the couch again. I am now considering getting some heating pads so I can ferment outside but if there to expensive it might be worth just getting divorced.
I think Wifey is just being a bit petty because I clogged the filter in her new dishwasher when I cleaned the sump from the Commodore in it. Pro Tip: Next time tip the oil out first. :obscene-drinkingdrunk:
DrunkAgain

equipment: T500 boiler with the alembic dome

Re: The Rum and Wifey don't mix.

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:43 pm

I reckon quite a few of us have been in the same shit :laughing-rolling: Many years ago I mentioned about having a fermenter sitting by the fire in winter to keep it warm and WW3 nearly started :scared-eek: So in the end bought a couple of heat belts from the shop and they just do the job of keeping the ferments warm :handgestures-thumbupleft: so grab a couple and have some old sleeping bags handy to wrap around.

Now research mate and make a drink SWMBO will love then all will be forgiven :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Wellsy » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:54 am

I definitely would recommend doing plenty of research into all of your options.
I have researched which would be cheaper new wifey or finding a work around on whatever it was she was objecting to and so far the work around option is always miles cheaper.
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby BigRig » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:01 pm

Wellsy wrote:I definitely would recommend doing plenty of research into all of your options.
I have researched which would be cheaper new wifey or finding a work around on whatever it was she was objecting to and so far the work around option is always miles cheaper.

Where is the like button
BigRig

equipment: FSD 4" Mac SSG, 50L Milk Can, 2 x 2400w elements, 35L Digiboil Boiler, Airstill.

Postby The Stig » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:59 pm

BigRig wrote:
Wellsy wrote:I definitely would recommend doing plenty of research into all of your options.

Where is the like button

This ain’t Facebook :teasing-neener:
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Wobbegong » Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:57 pm

The sump in the dishwasher.... man, that is asking for a fight ! :laughing-rolling:
Wobbegong

equipment: 2" boka
2" pot
50ltr keg boiler
FSD controller
IBC cooling system

Return to Welcome Centre