Hey ppl :)

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hey ppl :)

Postby mrbrendy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:30 am

Hey guys and girls ( happy australia day! its about 3am as i type this). Just thought i would say hi and introduce myself. My name is brendan and im from perth w.a. Ive been lurking around of the forum for a while now. Trying to take in as much info as i can...could take a while though....the more i think ive learnt, the more im seem lost haha. Anyway, just thought i would say that ive found this forum very informative, but mostly, heaps friendly...which counts for a lot i reckon. So cheers for everyones past questions that i would have had to ask anyway, seems like ppl r reading my mind sometimes... and i hope i can learn as much as some of u guys have from here. Ps, no i have not had a drink or 10....love those public holidays :)
mrbrendy

equipment: Mcstill built 3" vm and pot attachment

Re: Hey ppl :)

Postby Panda » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:13 am

Hello & welcome. What kind of still do you have or planning?
Panda

equipment: T500 & CM with pot head.

Postby JustStillin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:37 am

Welcome and Happy Australia day!!!

Panda wrote:What kind of still do you have or planning?
+1

Be warned, once you get one, they tend to breed! ;-) I built a VM two months ago, i now have a pot still and parrot too, and thinking about building a bubbler and another VM of different design.
JustStillin

equipment: 4" Perforated plate still
50l keg boiler, 2 x 2400W elements.

Postby maheel » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:01 am

Hi Mr B

welcome and happy australia day

Perth would have to throw one of the best Aussie day parties around in Kings park / on the swan i have ever seen
i hope they are planing another big one for today :)

edit: just saw the news looks bloody hot in Perth @ 40'c today... be hard to keep beer cold
maheel

Postby Kimbo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:35 am

Hi Brendan,
welcome to the forum.
great to have another Perth boy here ;-)
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby olddog » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:39 am

Welcome, it looks like the WA membership is increasing :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

OD
olddog

equipment: Flute Mk 11 4 plate column with single 2" bubble caps

Postby Cane Toad » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:43 am

Hi Brendan,and welcome :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby mrbrendy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:33 pm

Urgh...i wrote a huge frikken novel on my ipad2, singing everyone praises...blowing smoke up arses etc....and then the effing thing froze! Basically, saying as i was before...i think this forum rocks cos of the attitude of most of the ppl here..(save text)..just incase...
Umm, i was thinkhing about a 3 inch vm with a pot head that can be interchangable? Was talking to a friend last night....turns out he "liberated" a beer keg a yr or so ago, and its just taking up space, so he was keen to get rid of it...
Good intentions and a few good ppl to help me out...not a bad way to start i guess.....urgh...these ipad touch screens really can burn in hell. Maybe i just got fat fingers or something....
mrbrendy

Postby mrbrendy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:43 pm

Forgot to reply about perths awesome aust day fireworks! They r still fantastic, cept u cant drink of the foreshore anymore, bar a few tiny drinkning areas....main concern this yr is the +40 degree weather and the winds....they r thinking the fireworks might drift a bit and light up half of kings park. (one of the designated drinking areas) hehe must be like those emergency seats on the plane....if shit goes down, u better get off your arse and help out...anyway, im rambling and i have a bbq and a paddling pool to get to :)
Cheers ppl....
mrbrendy

Postby Cane Toad » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:50 pm

Well mate you've come to the right spot.If you're thinking about making you're own,there are plenty of helpful threads here,and don't be afraid to ask questions!Or if you are looking to purchase one or parts there of there are quite a few sandgroupers with more than enough knowledge,knowhow and craftsmanship over your side of the fence to be of assistance.
But be warned it's a VERY addictive hobby.I only hope you have a large shed and understanding other half
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby maheel » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:06 pm

mrbrendy wrote:Forgot to reply about perths awesome aust day fireworks! They r still fantastic, cept u cant drink of the foreshore anymore, ..

yeah the no drinking is aussie wide now... nanny state maybe... i dunno ? it's the way idiots fight to the death now instead of just punching on then getting a drink together after the fight ..

red bull air race was also pretty cool

neeeyeeowwwwww.... neeeeyeeeoooowwwwww Image lol

reckon perth would just be getting ready for the party :character-beavisbutthead:
maheel

Postby MacStill » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:11 pm

Welcome Mr Brendy,

If there's anything in WA you require let me know, I'm having a bit of a garage clean out and could help out getting you well on your way :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Return to Welcome Centre