Hi from WA

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hi from WA

Postby Goldie » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:57 pm

Hi everyone,

My cousin got me into this when he gave me a bottle of his home brew Whiskey. Ever since then I have been hooked. Purchased a second hand SS T500 and haven't looked back till now. I now run 3 30lt fermenters and have built up a lot of stock, with out a doubt my best product so far has been coffee tequila liquoer. I have used alot of the HBS essecnces and will post up some thoughts in the flavour thread.
Enter AD and HD in search of a better tasting bourbon, I currently have 30lts of netural oaking, been 2 months but since doing some keyboard time I now believe I should give UJSM a go. Thinking I will detune the T500 for my first batch but have already been looking at a Pot still head for the boiler. I am looking forward to reading up on bubblers and liebig.

I am totally hooked on distilling and now even scare my cousin with the time I spend on this hobby.
Goldie

equipment: 4" four perf plate column on a 100lt SS boiler, 2" Pot Still on 50lt keg boiler

Re: Hi from WA

Postby stubbydrainer » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:06 pm

g'day Goldie
welcome to this place :laughing-rolling:
If you ask SBB, Hey might steer you in the right direction in regard to a pot head for ya t500 boiler, He made one for his, It's known as the Pelican around these parts :handgestures-thumbupleft:
stubbydrainer

equipment: 4" perf. plate bubbler,2 1/2" pot with a triple wall liebig,
Small 8L pot for experiments & Gin, 6Kw 80ltr electric boiler , P.I.D/PWM controller
1/2 share with SBB in a 3" boka,

Postby Kimbo » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:11 pm

Ahhh! Mr Percival, I remember him :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
A big welcome to the forum Goldie, plenty of info here and lots of laughs too ;-)
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby MacStill » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:25 pm

NOR or SOR ??

You'll need to be SOR before I welcome you :teasing-tease:

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby Goldie » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:49 pm

Thanks Stubbydrainer but I don't have the room where I am to attempt a build, sooooo many great examples here.

Mcstill, :laughing-rolling: yes SOR, thought it was on my profile. Love the look of your parrots, really need one of those.
Goldie

equipment: 4" four perf plate column on a 100lt SS boiler, 2" Pot Still on 50lt keg boiler

Postby MacStill » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:58 pm

Welcome to the forum the Goldie, sorry for the oversight not seeing your profile....... long days looking down a trench has narrowed my vision :))

I'm not far from K' Town, how bout you?
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby Goldie » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:19 pm

My brother in law and cousin are near K'town, I am near Freo
Goldie

Postby MacStill » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:21 pm

I'm glad you didnt say Rockingham :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby SBB » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:19 am

G'day Goldie........welcome to the forum. These photos might help you out. http://aussiedistiller.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=369
You dont really need much time or space to knock one of these up. Just a few basic tools and away you go. If you were to go down a similar path your going to need to build or buy some sort of power controler as well for doing spirit runs.
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby Frank » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:38 am

Welcome Goldie
have fun and it'd be great if/when you could add to the flavour thread as LOTS of forum folk will be interested. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Frank

Postby QLD.Andy » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Welcome Goldie.
I have a McStill pot on my T500 boiler, best thing I ever did :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Detuning the T500 isnt worth the hassle.
QLD.Andy

equipment: Still Spirits T500 with Copper Mesh
McStill made Copper Parrot
McStill made Copper Pot Still

Postby Goldie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:17 pm

SBB wrote:G'day Goldie........welcome to the forum. These photos might help you out. http://aussiedistiller.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=369
You dont really need much time or space to knock one of these up. Just a few basic tools and away you go. If you were to go down a similar path your going to need to build or buy some sort of power controler as well for doing spirit runs.

Will have to check out the how to build threads and maybe start with a parrot first. Thanks
Goldie

Return to Welcome Centre