Hello from Vancouver, Canada

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Hello from Vancouver, Canada

Postby chill » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:40 pm

My friend got me interested with some product from an Alembic that still he got from his father in-law in Portugal. My wife said that I shouldn't, so I had to get a still. I don't really enjoy fabricating things (and they tend to look like a car ran them over) so I decided to buy a still. I'm much more interested in wash recipes and mashing and flavouring. I went for an air still despite its drawbacks due to the small size and stealth nature. Piss off the wife gradually is my plan. ;-) I am already looking forward to something bigger and better but have no regrets with my purchase. It will allow me to play with what interests me while I plan where to go from here. I've been having a great time reading the posts on here and want to thank everyone for sharing their knowledge.

Cheers,
Chuck
chill

equipment: EasyStill/Air Still (yeah, I know)

Re: Hello from Vancouver, Canada

Postby Frank » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:09 pm

chill wrote:.... I went for an air still...due to the small size and stealth nature. Piss off the wife gradually is my plan. ;-) I am already looking forward to something bigger and better but have no regrets with my purchase. It will allow me to play with what interests me while I plan where to go from here.
Chuck

Chuck, mate, welcome and, believe me, IKWYM :handgestures-thumbupleft: ;-) :laughing-rolling:
Frank

Postby stubbydrainer » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:24 pm

g'day chill
and welcome the forum, that airstill is the start of an addictive hobby, but you will find that out yourself over time :laughing-rolling:
Oh, don't be in a hurry to replace that air still, ya gotta give Frank a bit of time to say goodbye to his old one , and so he can save up and make you an offer on your used one, & check out import duties etc :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
enjoy yourself

cheers
stubbydrainer

equipment: 4" perf. plate bubbler,2 1/2" pot with a triple wall liebig,
Small 8L pot for experiments & Gin, 6Kw 80ltr electric boiler , P.I.D/PWM controller
1/2 share with SBB in a 3" boka,

Postby Kimbo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:54 pm

Gday Chill,
welcome to the forum mate, you Will enjoy your stay :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby Modernity » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:04 pm

welcome to Aussie mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Modernity

equipment: I am currently refurbishing a 150 ltr mush tun.
Currently building a 150 ltr oil heated pot still, with 8" copper column.

Postby chill » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:24 pm

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I am very pleased to find a place with such a wide wealth of great information and less, uh, testosterone than a certain other site I probably don't need to mention. Now back to reading for me. Really good stuff on here, cheers!

:text-thankyoublue:

Chuck
chill

Postby SBB » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:02 pm

Late reply but wecome to the forum Chill.......lots to learn here
Mate we Aussies invented testosterone ........its just our attitude that is different :handgestures-thumbupleft:

TellMeIveGotLessThanAYankMutterMutterSBB
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby chill » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:17 pm

:-D I was afraid that it might come across like that. Attitude is a better word for it. Not a place I want to hang out in any case.

Cheers!
Chuck
chill

Postby crow » Sat May 19, 2012 12:59 am

Hi just going though all the unread posts here must have missed this when you joined . my Granddad was from the other side , Hamilton Ontario . Mum had very distant ancestors native to the Ungava bay area . One Country I'd really love to visit
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby chill » Mon May 21, 2012 12:48 pm

My father's family is from near Niagra Falls, so not too too far from Hamilton. Aussieland is on my list of places to go see, just have not made it yet. My mate moved to NZ so I have a reason to be in the neighbourhood now. :smile:

Chuck
chill

Return to Welcome Centre