Bulkheads

Say Hi and introduce yourself

Bulkheads

Postby PisswreckTTV » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:30 pm

hey guys I've been searching everywhere. Is there a 3 inch tri clamp bulkhead. All I can find is 2 inch. If 2 inch is the only available if I put a reducer to 3 inch into a 3 inch column 3 inch tee then reduced back to 2 inch and into a shotgun condenser is it going to work??? Building a ccvm. Have a digiboil 35 and 65 and was hoping to make a still and use one or the other depending on wash size. Cheers guys
PisswreckTTV

equipment: CCVM in the build

Re: Bulkheads

Postby RC Al » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:47 pm

A post in the Welcome centre is customary mate

It will work provided the lid will support the column weight. You could easily run a massive still off a 2" feed, much smaller is used commercially when going between multiple (large) columns

There is a potential for a small performance loss with the reduction back to 2" on a VM, if you do the takeoff and bend down in 3" and then reduce to the 2" for the shotty, things will be more or less fine (so im told)
Last edited by RC Al on Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RC Al
Mentor

equipment: 3 plate 4" glasser
2" Potty

Re: Bulkheads

Postby PisswreckTTV » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:09 am

Oh I thought I did the other night my apologies. Not sure on lid strength. But something I will check out in the next few weeks. But I dare say it will be shit and I'll have to strengthen it. Or brace it some way. But yeah I was thinking that as well. T to 90 then to reducer to shotgun. I work for a plumbing firm and can get a length of 2 inch for $160 which I found odd. Thought it would be alot more so thought it would be best to go straight to 3 inch for more effiency but alas didn't want to look for a tig welder to weld a 3 inch something to the lid since a bulk jead from keg and was like 25 clams. But thanks for your input much appreciated
PisswreckTTV

equipment: CCVM in the build

Return to Welcome Centre