WA noob - decision made

Say Hi and introduce yourself

WA noob - decision made

Postby StillNoob » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:08 pm

Hi (again) all
I posted a little while ago to say hi and ask advice about building/buying a bokka type still.
I ended up buying an alcoengine, i believe its a 2 plate type reflux but have yet to take it out of the box, i'll be interested to see exactly how its built internally.

Price was $165 for a 2" reflux,(excluding boiler) probably would have cost me about the same in materials. time and effort.
I know a 2" isn't ideal and runs will take longer but the cost of moving up to even a 3" was significantly more.

At this stage im planning to try and pull some high alcohol and attempt to make some hand sanitiser, so will be looking at loading up a wash with some resilient yeast and lots of sugar.
we'll see how that works out.
StillNoob

equipment: Had an Airstill looking to upgrade

Re: WA noob - decision made

Postby Doubleuj » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:28 pm

Hi again stillnoob, nothing wrong with a simple still to start out with but this isn’t a forum for hand sanitizer, we are all about making the best quality spirits for drinking.
And just to make sure, selling sanitizer made from home made alcohol is as illegal as selling home made spirits.
Just in case that’s you’re intention.
If it’s for personal use that’s ok, except you’ll have way too much sanitizer from your first run
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Re: WA noob - decision made

Postby StillNoob » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:41 am

Not planning on selling, you'd have to be mental.
As they say, don't tell, don't sell ;)

If there is any extra all good :)
StillNoob

equipment: Had an Airstill looking to upgrade

Return to Welcome Centre